Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64946

Unfortunately I have had to work so nothing is done on my RC's yet. Should be off for the next 3 days so hopefully going to start the stripping and cleaning of the Lunchbox

Lee
Regards

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64948

I did a tiny diorama tonight. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64958

A bit of paint today on the Turbo Scorpion : cocpit background in PS5 black.

I already remove the mask for next step which is going to be PS2 - Red for the gloves and the harness. And then PS1 - White on the driver clothes. I'll back this with PS-12 Silver and the cockpit side will be done...

Still hesitating about box art for the rest of the body shell (PS4, PS2 and PS1) or the same with some areas in Orange fluo on the middle of the body... Also considering to pull the trigger for plotter to do add a scorpion under the body, before I paint it...

By the way, a quick question, has someone considered adding reversed vinyl stickers under the lexan body shell before painting?
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64968

Only to make masks. Better than tiro tape.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64974

Vinyl cutters are definitely good for cutting masks and lettering etc, I have used one for several years for my airbrushing. As for reverse vinyl on the body i'm not sure as sometines the vinyl s a different colour on the underside, ive had white vinyl with a dark back. You could just try a bit of vinyl under some glass or perspex to get the idea.

Lee
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64983

Added red rear leds yesterday evenning on the Turbo Scorpion (Tamiya led light buckets, the same ref as the one I added on my daughter's DT-03)

Then I sprayed red this morning, and white this evenning, then cleared the masking for next step...

Unfortunately, red did react with black. not sure why. Maybe I did not shake the paint enough. I did shake the white much longer... Before applying the blue, I'm considering using vinyl to do some lettering and numbers. If it doesn't work with the vinyl applied to the body, I'll use vinyl for the masking... So, until i'm decided for the plotter side (i've not ordered one yet), it is time to take care of the driver figure, which is going to be part of my next tasks on this project...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64986

After 2 awful days I needed to chill out so I finally dismantled my old Lunchbox. It came apart fairly easily. The parts were quite crappy, most cleaned up fairly well. The chassis has a crack in it. I may be able to do a repair with some polyester resin and some glassfibre sheet, its only a small split. I have ordered a new chassis to make sure. Also needed the suspension arms and a gearbox case as one of the screw lugs came off when I was cleaning it.   Body is cracked and again I can probably fix it with polyester resin. I will order a new shell and use the old one for my runner. It had an upgraded motor in it, not a tamiya but one called a twister. Probably doesnt work but will give it a test when I have a battery. I had put bearings all through so thats one thing I don't have to get. The way I'm going to get new parts It would probably work out cheaper to get a complete kit. Then I would have some spares. 

How it was looking at the start

Got 2 wheels off but the other 2 were not playing ball

I took the front suspention off so I could work on the wheels

Carried on taking the screws out

Got the gearbox off ready to strip down, the motor is still attached but is caked in some sort of concrete :) 

under tray parts came off easily

The aftermarket suspension gave me a bit of trouble with some screws rusting up but it was nothing the drill couldnt sort, drilled the head off 2 suspension units mount screws and pulled the pins through.

Most of the small parts fitted in a handy box.

Waiting for the ultrasonic cleaner to arrive now so I can drop them in and give them a proper clean. 
I have the radio gear to take apart and clean and I should be able to get the old dried red balloon off the msc and it will hopefully work again. If not I have a spare. For now thats it. I will do a bit more cleaning.

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64995

The twister was an iconic motor very efficient. You should be able to save it. The chassis was very dirty :D . You can wash your spares in the dish machine. Like andy did several time. 

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64996

The wife would kill me using the dish washer. I put them in the sink with hot soapy water so they have come up ok and for the grease I used brake cleaner. It's an option for the future and I will say nothing.
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #64999

Yep break cleaner works well. White spirit too. 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.