Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65000

I am thinking to make a pickup Vanessa. What do you think about this idea? I would like to remove the top of the body and make a long bed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65001

I've seen it done before, IIRC the cut was longer & lower, and re-used the rear doors as the bulkhead :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65002

Thanks Jonny. I wanted to reuse the rear doors to. But so low cut? 

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65003

www.tamiyaclub....8&id=41893

Not the one I was thinking of, that one was orange with a tonneau cover, but I think you're right, that looks too low ...

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65004

This is the one I was thinking of - the cut line was where you were thinking. It looked pretty nice before the race ;)

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65006

Yeahhhh pretty nice. :y: 
is it a stock car race? Same tires want to go back home. :D

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65007

This is the one I was thinking of - the cut line was where you were thinking. It looked pretty nice before the race ;)

more and more I will do a similar pickup. 

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65008

Those trucks look like they spend more time tipping over and the tyres are coming off the rims. On mine I put the stock tyres on monster beetle rims. The narrower wheels made the tyres go flatter / lower profile and gave it more stability for racing against my buddies with buggies. 
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65010

I ran my first lunchy in 1987 and I still have the chassis and wheeles. Wheeles are on another chassis. I had monster beetle wheeles on it for lot of time. This body is my original one wich will be on its original brocken chassis. I have in stock a vintage lb and a vintage mp and a nib vintage boxart body offered by tamiya for the shelf. This project is a tribute to the origin of the cw01

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65011

Those trucks look like they spend more time tipping over and the tyres are coming off the rims. On mine I put the stock tyres on monster beetle rims. The narrower wheels made the tyres go flatter / lower profile and gave it more stability for racing against my buddies with buggies. 
I never lost any tires and I abused my lunchy. So much than I broke the chassis. It had a m&y motor.  It is one of my favorite chassis.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.