Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65023

They are such a fun car to drive and with a bit more powerful motor they really do rip it up. Never heard of an m&y motor, sounds like a good upgrade. I put oil filled shocks and a twister motor in mine. It was great but the standard battery only lasted 5 minutes :(    Like you i've definely abused my LB, the suspension arms have taken most of the abuse and the chassis has cracked, Soon the rebuild will start. Chassis are here in a week.  :) 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65024

Started to work on my Pilot driver head and helmet.

I used liquid mask for the face and inside of the helmet. Removed the face mask. I may use liquid mask again when I will have finished the pilot face... No spray this time, it will be done with the pencil. It's probably close to 35 years that I did not paint that precisely (was at the time I was still doing static model, which means when I was 14).

On the body shell side, I'll get the plotter delivered tomorrow and vinyls as well... So if everything goes well, I should be able to move this ahead during the week-end...

@jord001, what surprised me the most when I restarted with the DT03, is how long the 4000mAH NimH lasted. Back in the eighties, the Nicad was 750 mAh, and that was depleting in about 5 to 7 mins... The mechanical speed control was relying on resistors, and heat dissipation to work, while with electronic speed controllers, most  goes to make engine moving... That changes a lot...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65028

I did a few touches of light bliue and black to finish the face of my driver

Did not used liquid mask (I did not want to spend too much time on this, actually), I did some small mistake.... Will correct those with a fine tip black marker, as well as the center of the eyes of the pilot.... The fact is that the picture makes it looking badest than what it is, really (specially for my own eyes :-D)...

Plotter will be delivered today, I will be doing some experiment tonight after my day of work, and I expect restart the body shell paint within the week-end...

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65029

Flo, I just saw this on FB and was thinking of you regarding to do a pickup version of the Lunchbox 
www.facebook.co...216589300/
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65030

Thanks richard. 
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65043

Got the plotter delivered today. Made a quick try with a word cut on a vinyl, sticked into a piece of lexan (remains of a body cut), and sprayed over it. Worked as expected (I won't show here : made a mistake, and forgot to mirror the word before cutting it)... That being said, it is likely easier to transfer the negative of the word than the word itself... And if I go this way, I need one additional yellow spray, I may have to delay the body paint job for a few days just for this reason...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65051

Took a few hours yesterday to understand how to work with the plotter and to build my masks models.

Then started this morning to apply the masks made with the new toy.
Just to be clear, that was not easy, but two attempts later, I got a satisfactory application

And that was source of few questions : is it reasonnable to do this while there is almost all what you need in the box?   Will it work the way I expect it to work? 

after the masks application, went to the paint job. Blue, baked with white, then unmasking, then orange fluo, then white and then silver...

It worked almost as expected (few minor improvement possibilities noted for next time)

I finished the session by unmasking the center of the body, which is going to be next...

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65058

Yeahh it looks nice.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65061

3 days with my grandson. He's too cute.

What did you do today? 3 years 1 month ago #65064

Started this morning by applying the masks for the final part...

Then white and silver

Then orange fluo...

I finished with white (my PS-1 is empty now), and then added silver inside the body to finish it. I must recognize I was quite impatient to uncover the body...

Finally, I think the pilot will have a transparent visor, it will make it more alive...

Next : build a visor for the pilot, create some white stickers (instead of the black ones) for the helmet add the very few sponsors stickers I want to add, and put the roll cage on the body...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.