Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68191

Yess lee it's my own beetle. She will be awesome with fuchs wheeles. Nice steering rods to. 👍👍👍
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68208

Tiny surprise from my wife. 2 1/43 scales. The first is ended. The traction.
I will rebuild my diorama. :P
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68213

Another garden run with the Javelin while I'm awaiting the prototype parts printing to finish... I can't decide which one of the Javelin and Turbo Scorpion I prefer...

And the battery is not even empty, so another car may run while the sun will go down. Maybe the DT03, as if the print goes well, I expect to be able to Thingiverse a DT03 part...

Not sure how much long the print will be. It's currently 52% but the size of the layers are reducing, so it should take less time than what it took until now...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68214

My son was looking at the complex part I did for the Marui Hunter, and asked me how I did it.

For memory, the part looks like this:

I went into Tinkercad, open the file take a copy, and start to dissociate the different forms I assembled together.

I share this as I think it is making sense for those who are asking themselves how to do... Tinkercad principle is very simple, you take forms and you assemble them together, and any form can have a solid or hole property. Ultimately, it is very simple, and at the same time very powerful...

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68216

I prefer the javelin on the second pict it looks like a fiat ritmo 1st gen. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68223

The print has failed for the Marui part (I need to change the nozzle)... The DT03 part was already finished, so it's validated. 

I got a Front Led bucket holders for the DT03. It will be thingiversed soon

Tamiya DT03 Front Led buckets holder by silvertriple - Thingiverse
At least this one is done...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68234

So now I have moved on to wanting to make one my RC's faster and I want to try a brushless motor whereas I have a few of these TAMIYA 45057 TBLE-02S with the extra orange wire to accommodate one. I believe the manual says the ESC can handle up to (or down to) a 21.5T brushless motor. I have zero experience with these but I know the rating is different from brushed. 

Can anyone suggest a decent motor for this ESC? (I realize this isn't the best ESC ever made and thus probably can't handle to great of a motor) LOL!!!

Is any motor this ESC can handle worth the money over a sport tuned or equivalent?

Thanks in advance for helping me get my feet wet with brushless. 

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68235

As per my understanding, you can go down to 13.5T brushless without fan and 10.5T with a fan.
I saw people using cheap 13.5T metallic blue motors you can find on ebay or amazon easily, and it seems it works well. My DT03 is still Torque Tuned equiped, but my Javelin and Turbo Scorpion are both running with a 13.5T (one is SkyRC Ares motor, and the other one is a Performa Racing P1 motor). Only one thing to keep in mind: if the motor does not come with a sensor cable, you'll need one with the TBLE-02S as it doesn't work with brushless motor without it.

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68236

Thanks Silvertriple, I really appreciate it. Are the brushless equipped cars much faster with those motors than the Torque Tuned one?

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68237

Well, at this stage, I never had the occasion to compare brushless versus troque tuned in the same car.

But I can tell my Turbo Scorpion is much faster than the Torque Tuned. And it accelerates faster as well.

That being said, the gear ratio also participates in this. Pay attention to the recommended ratio with the motor:
  • if you put too long development : the motor will heat quicker due to the effort, and the ESC would eventually get thermal cut off as well (or even worse, burn)
  • if you put too short development, you will have difficulty to keep the front wheels on the ground
Some motors come with a recommended ratio, and it is then a good start to work with, or to try to get as close as possible of it. Then you may have to do other tries, until you find the right ratio. Some are changing it as per the track they go on (i'm not that into it :-)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.