Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68107

I love the last pict Marc. 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68109

I begun the beetle today a bath in caustic soda and all the poor paints peeled well. And I received the new paint. I have to finalise the cleaning and it will be ready to the modifications.

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68110

The last pic... The car got like this, I had to take this pic, that was too funny... She got like that a few time afterwards.... Up to the time I tried to provoke it, and then she did not want anymore 
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68112

Yes Lunchy#2 currently has the gold MB wheels on it although I will probably change them to the proper wheels
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68113

Started painting the Comical Frog over the w'end.  And there's nothing "Comical" about painting this thing.  Some of the body lines are a PITA to mask.  But after doing the masking at least 3x times, the black detailing came out alright.  Then masked up for the pink.

Devastated.  The 3M Scotch Blue tape i've used 100's of times for painting my house windows, has let me down.  I had used it around the outside of the body.  Putting it on, it really felt some cheap knock-off tape, but I trusted it.  Around the outside of the body it has allowed some over-spray to bleed, and i've ended up with a couple areas of pink bleeding over the black.

Whilst it was never going to be a perfect paint job, this is a car for a 6yr old, you still want it to look good.  So here I sit in my lunch break patiently chipping away at the worst parts, and reminding my self that the body will probably suffer more damage over time.

This is the first lexan body i've ever done, so putting it down to experience and lessons learned.
And if I ever paint another Comical Frog again, I think masking-off the black areas first would work better, so the paint order would be Pink > Black > White.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68115

Finished my part for the Turbo Scorpion

Part is available here: :  TurboScorpion Rear led lights holder by silvertriple - Thingiverse
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68116

Started painting the Comical Frog over the w'end.  And there's nothing "Comical" about painting this thing.  Some of the body lines are a PITA to mask.  But after doing the masking at least 3x times, the black detailing came out alright.  Then masked up for the pink.

Devastated.  The 3M Scotch Blue tape i've used 100's of times for painting my house windows, has let me down.  I had used it around the outside of the body.  Putting it on, it really felt some cheap knock-off tape, but I trusted it.  Around the outside of the body it has allowed some over-spray to bleed, and i've ended up with a couple areas of pink bleeding over the black.

Whilst it was never going to be a perfect paint job, this is a car for a 6yr old, you still want it to look good.  So here I sit in my lunch break patiently chipping away at the worst parts, and reminding my self that the body will probably suffer more damage over time.

This is the first lexan body i've ever done, so putting it down to experience and lessons learned.
And if I ever paint another Comical Frog again, I think masking-off the black areas first would work better, so the paint order would be Pink > Black > White.

I started to use liquid mask for those type of bodyshell where masking is a nightmare. It's easy to do, works like a charm, and the only real difficulty is to cut it straight... And you can even do asome designs with it, while doing all the cutting before applying the paint, and peeling it zone by zone... It requires to be used to do it, but with a bit of training, it works well...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68131

I have cleaned off most of my hobbybench as I will try to sell it before the move to my new apartment.
Seems so empty now 

Btw if anyone is wondering the workbench is now the discotinued Fredrik from Ikea.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68135

Empty is the word .. :s
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 7 months ago #68143

Tonight was CAD, mainly, and with a big focus on addressing some of the weak points of the Marui Hunter/Galaxy chassis...

There is a lot of area where there is an ABS moulded tube to mount screws. They tend to break.

My idea to fix it is basically to print a complementary part that would fit around those pieces
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.