Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68090

Nice pieces. I agree the 3D parts. When you can't find spares or too expensive.  Unsure about fiability during runs but it's a solution. 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68091

The MB is finally done.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68092

MB looks great FLo, The red looks good, not as bright as the bare plastic and it suits the car. 

ST the 3d printed parts should work well and you can print some more IF they fail. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68096

Thanks Lee. It was restored with rere parts. I have it since up to 20 years. Bumpers body and wheeles are from the rere. I filled holes of the body not perfect everywhere but it's nice. The color is darker than the original but looks fine. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68097

whatever makes your car run and you having fun
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68098

Yes, agree...
Those cars are designed for one purpose only : running. 3D parts is probably the easiest way to repair and improve/reinforce them.With the time, the vintage parts stock will vanish anyway, so ultimately, it will be at the end the only solution to rebuild those cars... It takes a bit of effort to model parts, but it is really possible to do, and it opens quite a few possibilities to re-issue parts, and 3D design allows to do prototyping to check also your parts before making them in cnc as well... I see 3D printing as a great tool for our hobby.
And if you want to see what people can do, I suggest you browse through The Optima House page on facebook ( The Optima House | Facebook ). The guy is modelling iconic eighties rc cars to 100%, and it is impressive work...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68099

Yep I agree Lemsko, if it gets the car running and it looks good then go for it. I think the darker red suits the car better Flo, It's great so see them up and running again and Its nice to see that the members here are proper enthusiasts and build and run their cars brand new or not. Like Silvertriple said no shelf queens :)
I am in a couple of groups on FB and almost every post is one of a brand new model that the tyres will never see a pavement or piece of grass, I think some people just buy them and build them to say "look what ive got". It's not like that here and I love it. 
My cars when they are all refurbed will be driven, but they were never queens. 

Flo I found some 3 spoke wheels on Thingyverse for the MB I don't have a MB so haven't printed them yet. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68103

Back to the cad to design a part for the Turbo Scorpion
The idea is to move the leds at the rear end, on a similar way that what I did with the Super Hotshot, with a license plate holder (30*15)

Next is waiting the current print to finish to be able to launch the print to finish the part an publish it to Thingiverse...
I did not pursue my idea for the DT03 as someone already did something good and published it. I remixed the rear part to adapt it to 5mm leds without metallic holder.Print is ongoing, as my son requested them...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68104

While the printer is still working, nothing better than a rc car run in the garden...

My son joined the game with his Slash while I was offering my Hornet in sacrifice to RC gods 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #68106

Lee I saw these rims. You can put them on a lunchy. I did it on my first lunchy. This mb had 1 run some years ago. My first one I sold it . This one didn't run well. I have to replace the motor. 
thanks guys to remind me that. Maybe next weekend I'll run the dt03 and the lunch with its new rims.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.