The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72293

You have clearly done upbringing right 
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72294

3d printing is scary stuff thinks Mr.Capri

Todays project was to print this A1 Falcon battery strapp. Took less than 30mm on fine setting (0.12mm layer)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72298

Time to deal with the Zerda bearings and other metal parts, They seem to have been sprayed with cooking oil and the hub bearings are so gummed up here are pictures of them in a container, then with cleaner, Then after a shake up I'll leave them to soak for a bit

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, silvertriple

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72299

Stripped cleaned and reassemble parts, The diff's originally assembled dry so I greased them up and they are much smoother. Bearings cleaned up nicely after a double bath and spinning them up with wd40

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72317

My mate has bought a couple of vehicles for a great deal online.
He received them today and asked if I could go over them and get hold of parts missing, charge batteries etc since these has been unused for a few years.

The main vehicle in the deal is a Traxxas Rustler XL-5 which seems to have not been used much.
This was missing a transmitter, but oddly, the Traxxas 27mHz receiver was still inside the waterproof receiver box.
I installed a Spektrum SLT3 radio set, which was very easy to set up. I think I want a few sets myself for my cars.
Battery for this was nearly dead even after a full charge. Lasted about 3 meters lol.
Sat the battery on discharge/charge cycle, and next test was much better with 10min runtime. But still not great as the battery is 3000mAh 8.4. Should last about double that.
Will do more cycles.
The vehicle itself only needed a new battery hold down strap and wheelnuts + body clips.

Next vehicle is HPI Sprint 2 Sport with Camaro body.

This needed more work.
First I fitted new rear body posts, as these was missing.
Next the battery door had a broken bit on the chassis. I was thinking I had to make a new bracket, but luckly the door has two mounting ponts up front so I just moved the post it swings on.
Had to clean the chassis and fit new servo tape for the esc and switch.
Upon closer inspection it was missing 4 screws around the rear diff area, I found some suitable for the task.
Also tightned the servo saver a bit as it was slopy.
The steering bellcranck needs new bearings and ball cups, but that will be for a later stage.

The kid that owned these vehicles had fitted a rear wing on this body and that had cracked the body several places, so I fixed it with Hudy Bodyfix.
Should be good now.

A bit of electrical tape hide most of the bits missing.

Camaro was tested with a battery I had and it works very good.
Now I will charge the old batteries several more times before handing these over to my mate that bought them for his kid which is 7 or 8 I think.
The Rustler is a good first time proper rc car.
He do have a WLtoys 1:12 something that I have worked on. but the most letdown is the radio that does not like to be handled, and the all in one receiver esc with that mini servo servo with 4 wires. Cost more to upgrade than the car itself. So he is gonna sell that one and keep these two above.
Camaro is a drifter, but came both with onroad tires and a set of drift wheels. I will advise to get used to the on road driving before trying drifting as it can be a bit hard for a kid that has not the right feel for drifting.

Was a bit fun to work on something new (for me), albeith I had a Rustler in the past...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by caprinut.

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72318

No RC today... Running the 1:1 bike was the program...

A day with high (34°C) and low (10°C), and some rain. My bike did not run since almost 2020... 400 kms, partly under (heavy) rain, but smile under the helmet the whole day :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72319

After letting the parts sit in a bucket of water for a couple of day's, This morning we reassembled Next I need to rebuild the shocks and then add some electrics ready for a run

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72321

After letting the parts sit in a bucket of water for a couple of day's, This morning we reassembled Next I need to rebuild the shocks and then add some electrics ready for a run

Exactly the same I had in the 90s.
I sold it to Canada as I could not find parts for it.
Never heard back how it went...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #72324

Ran the Zerda shocks through the ultrasonic cleaner, The poor anodizing came off which just ment I got to polish the alloy shock bodies

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, silvertriple

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.