Keyword

TOPIC:

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19389

It's even more annoying when buyers leave negative feedback becuase they bought the wrong item! or they have not bothered to read the description or title.

Tamiya Hotshot F parts (Front suspension arms) - Negative feedback as they "Did not fit the Fox" *EBAY REMOVED

Negative feedback due to a buyer having to pay customs charges (A Canadian who insisted I pay this as he had paid shipping cost!, I told him to speak to the Canadian government about a refund!) EBAY REMOVED

Negative feedback because the item took 3 days to arrive via 1st class post (Yup some people really think that you should personally deliver or guarantee next day delivery for the £1.25 they have been charged. EBAY REMOVED

Negative feedback from a Brazilian guy as I did not send him the tracking number for a decal he bought (He paid £2.50 airmail postage!! after declining both Registered mail and tracked options in checkout, Muppett!)

Negative feedback because I took more than 12 hours to reply to someone on Ebay (he wanted to know where his parts were and I told him in my last message on friday evening that they were in the post as per the despatch notice I had sent him 2 days earlier), he sent 7 emails over a 6 hour period on saturday to which I did not reply (I was at a wedding!). BUYER CHANGED TO NEUTRAL ON ADVICE FROM EBAY

Neutral feedback as I would not refund the postage costs for an an item being returned even tho I told him tHey would not fit! (Guess I should be paying for his mistakes/Ignorance?).EBAY REMOVED

Neutral feedback as I would not give a discount on an item (After many demanding emails)

Neutral feedback as a buyer bought the items and did not want them so Ebay issued unpaid item strikes as he ignored the cancellation request, he then left neutral feedback??.

Some buyers are a massive pain and its no wonder they get blocked, but they don't help themselves tbh.

Some of the Above feedback was removed by Ebay but not all!, FRANKLY ITS STUPID!.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19390

Reading these experiences makes me fearful to sell anything, ever again :dry: I guess I don't sell as much, but I've not had these kinds of terrible experiences.

One time I wrote to a seller who had listed some cheap little Nikko car called a 'Cosmo', that I wanted.
I think he listed it for bidding, but I was keen to buy it because I remembered it from my childhood...so yes, I asked if he would sell it direct. Keep in mind it was not something anyone else would want, and the start price was $10 or something I think. I don't know why I bothered to ask to buy it, when I could have just waited to bid.

But on the other hand, my question did serve a purpose. It revealed that the seller was psychotic.

At first he wrote back and asked me how much I would pay. So I offered him $20. And then... he wrote back with an immense paragraph of verbal abuse about how my offer was insulting and where I should shove it.

I wrote back and said he was being extremely rude. Then I copped a second slab of abuse.

End result? I did not reply again of course.
And his toy did not sell, not even at the starting bid price. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :)

:lol:

H.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Last edit: by Hibernaculum.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19393

It's funny, you know there are people like that in the world, but Ebay seems to be the place they like to congregate!

A while back I spotted a back axle listed as for Hilux Bruiser. I already had a front axle & just wanted to be sure that the rear for sale was a bruiser one not an early hilux one, as at the time I was unsure if the bruiser had heftier gears in it (For its 750 motor), so I asked "Is this for the Hilux or the Bruiser?".
What came back was a long winded whine about how I was accusing him of being dishonest & that he was blocking me so I couldn't bid & how Ebay would be a better place without people like me etc etc. Fair enough....

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19402

All that over a couple of quid? :huh: (edit: sorry, think I replied to the wrong thread - I thought this was the one with Eddrick's story about the £7.50 motor :blush: )

Reminds me of when I sold my wife's Honda Jazz (through Autotrader, not ebay). (edit2: I think the Honda Jazz is called the "Honda Fit" outside the UK - it's a small Honda anyway) It was a nice little car, but with a high mileage (just over the "magic" 100k miles). I think it had been a company car, so it came with a stack of history and had every available accessory on it (electric sunroof, aircon, alloys, CD autochanger etc etc). Being a Honda it had been absolutely reliable and drove perfectly, but since Jazz's are normally driven by grannies, they rarely have high mileage. (I personally prefer high milers than cars with very low shopping mileage, but that's another discussion)
I can't remember the exact figure, but let's say I advertised it for £3500 - I think the only cheaper Jazz on Autotrader was a Cat D write off.
I had loads of people phoning me and sucking their teeth and going "It's got a very high mileage", to which I would reply "Well, if it had 50k miles, it would be 5 grand, and besides, IT'S A HONDA!". The next question is "What is the least you would take for it?", to which I reply "Why not come and see it before you decide what it's worth".
Finally I gave in to one bloke and told him I was looking for 3 grand, so he agreed to come and see it. He turned up with his brother and elderly mother and kicked the tyres a bit. He then drove it round the block and couldn't find anything wrong with it.
The conversation then went something like this:
Him: (teeth sucking) It's got a very high mileage
Me: Yes, you knew that before you came
Him: So, what's the least you would take for it?
Me: I told you that on the phone - 3 grand
Him: Would you take 2500?
Me: No, We agreed a price on the phone - 3 grand
Him: 2600?
Him: Split the difference - 2750?
....etc
(1/2 hour later)
Him: OK, what about £2990?
Me: (sigh) OK, why not. Badword it.
At which point, looking very pleased with his bargain, he took 3 grand in cash out of his pocket, peeled a tenner out of it and handed the rest to me.
If he had not asked me to name my price on the phone first, I might have agreed to £2750, but as it was, I decided before he arrived that I was going to hold out for the £3k.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19404

I only had 1 annoying experience :dry: I bid on and won an original Wild one, I paid via paypal and asked when it would be sent :huh: after a bit they responded with are you planning on running it or having it as a shelfer (it was in used condition) I told them I would run it after a rebuild :unsure: they then refunded my payment and gave the excuse that they thought there was an issue with the gearbox so they would fix and contact me :huh: I paid for it again and told them that I was happy with the item so they if they could send :blink: they refunded again and gave no replies to emails. I think they ended up with someone wanting it that they knew :dry:

Whenever I sell item's I'll always be realistic with BIN prices,I go the extra bit to help them by delivering big items for free if their close or a fuel fee if their not. If an item needs to be posted I always let them chose the carrier so they have control once it's picked up..
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19430

Martin, that story was incredible! :D

www.rctoymemories.com
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19432

Martin - yes, all that over a couple of quid AND (This is the best bit) he got his mum to drive him from Thetford to Downham to pick it up! (When he arrived 2 quid short of the agreed price)

Seller reviews - share your experience! 6 years 2 weeks ago #49886

Anyone tried to order from JR-RC lately?
The shop is online, but I'm not sure if it's active...
jasons-store.highwire.com/

Edit: ever mind. The shop is offline as soon as you hit the Shopping Cart button...

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 6 years 1 week ago #49906

Think he stopped couple of years ago, rumours he has even left Japan.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 6 years 1 week ago #49919

I hate it when a "gem" shows up after a google search, and it's this shop... :angry:

Think he stopped couple of years ago, rumours he has even left Japan.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.