Keyword

TOPIC:

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19230

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Yep, I know that's what usually happens with customers that whine about their stuff too much. :whistle:
We'll see if the parts arrive. Definitely not gonna throw $20 away...
Strangely enough the request for combined shipping was replied to swiftly (as is usually the case with the whole transaction).
So I know the digital information transfer channel ain't interrupted.

:side:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19251

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Okay, that turned out to be (sort of a) false alarm. Parts arrived today.
Would have been nice to receive a short reply though. Something like "no worries, we've sent out your stuff but forgot to mark them as shipped". But I guess that's the unavoidable trade off when ordering at Jason's (mumble mumble)...

Anywho - still soup for me! :pinch:

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19252

Was blocked by JR-RC 4 years ago after asking where my 3 NIB kits were, bought 58112, 58125 and 58176 NIB from him in 1 purchase (he combined shipping!) but after 16 days not arrived, sent email asking if shipped, replies yes, 5 days later still no kits, asked for tracking number and got blocked lol.

(Kits arrived 3 days later) safe n sound.

Last edit: by Part Time Seller.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19254

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Trying to think of a good word to describe that. Weird or twisted doesn't quite cut it. *
Guess I was in dangerous territory this week, asking about my $20 shipment twice. :lol:
Luckily it's not 1999 anymore (when they were probably about the only one on eBay with that kind of stock)...

* Edit :

Not having heard both sides of it, I can't comment directly on certain eBay sellers ...
... besides which, I may want some soup some day :whistle:

Wise words. :pinch:

Last edit: by Edou. Reason: Added adversarial process :-/

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19276

Luckily it's not 1999 anymore (when they were probably about the only one on eBay with that kind of stock)...

Exactly. Since being blocked by Jason 5 years or so ago, it's never been a problem. Not even slightly. I've had most prolific period of vintage buying and the best "finds" of my life buying kits from others, during the last 5 years. The range of people selling rare vintage items has expanded, and what's more, it's never the "buy it now"-fixed price sellers who represent the best value anyway. It's the people who offer items for bidding.

Actually even back in 1999 I wasn't buying from him. Back then it was Kim Dobyan on eBay, and sites like Hiro's RC Collectors site, where I would buy all my vintage stuff. And prior to that, probably before ol Aussie Jason even knew what a Tamiya was, I was gathering vintage bits from hobby shops as early as 1991.

His lack of communication skills and policy of banning anyone who doesn't just robotically just send him cash + leave positive feedback, hurts nobody but himself. Banning genuine enthusiasts, is frankly insane.

H.

www.rctoymemories.com
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19278

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
It seems that the ratio of the most serious collectors amongst those being blocked is quite high.
Which is reason for wonder in itself...
Contemplating on not giving feedback, rather than having to justify to myself adding stars where they don't belong.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #19296

I won a vintage NIP Parma front anti-roll bar kit from ebay seller laserkitsandbitz for 2.50 GBP, but when the package turned up a kit for the rear end had been sent instead.

I contacted the seller, they replied quickly saying I could keep the incorrect items, and they'd send the correct parts - which arrived the next day.

I think this was a great example of how to handle things - I got the bits I wanted with little extra hassle or delay, and the seller comes out of it looking good, with positive & 5-star feedback, and a recommendation from me.

:y:

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 1 month ago #19304

I bought some items from JR RC and it was always ok. But I bought an item from gg22770 wich never comed. 2 poor responses from him. Paypal judge the problem. I am disgusted because it was hot shot wheeles adaptors for my alloy wheeles :cry: badword seller.

Last edit: by AndyAus. Reason: abbreviated badword

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 1 month ago #19364

Not having heard both sides of it, I can't comment directly on certain eBay sellers ...
... besides which, I may want some soup some day :whistle:

However, I do have some sympathy in general for sellers blocking buyers.

I do tend to "block" bidders that have asked me a question - not for asking the question, even if it was a stupid one - but because I've had to say "no" to them.

It seems that a lot of people weren't disciplined properly as a child, have failed to find any discipline in their adult lives, and have developed an unwarranted sense of entitlement and belief in their own opinion, no matter how uneducated it is.
I blame TV like "Oprah" & the rest for the last two, BTW.

Regardless, too many people respond very badly to hearing "no" - even if delicately put - and go straight into a childish tantrum. On eBay, this usually takes the form of "buying" a "Buy It Now" item (but not paying) just to mess the seller about & to leave negative feedback, or, if no there are no suitable BIN items, putting a very large snipe in at the last moment, so there's no time for the seller to cancel the bid.

I'm not going to be too specific about how I learned this the hard way - let's just say it was many years ago, and it was a fragile, but large & very heavy item that needed three people to lift, so there was no way it was going to get sent as a parcel, and put the item in as "collection only".

I was a little incredulous to recieve a "question" from someone from the other end of the country saying they didn't want to make a 650 mile round trip, and I should send it to them instead.

I shrugged it off, thinking maybe they were just making an assumption that that I was selling as a business, and that I had a concrete driveway, a forklift, pallets lying about and the materials, ability and willingness to crate it up, a large van, plently of free time, and access to free fuel. I sent them a polite & apologetic email saying I couldn't help them. Like I said, it was many years ago.

I didn't think anything of it, until a week later when a sub- 5 second snipe came in from them, with, as they say, "hilarious consequences".

Since then, I have blocked some bidders that I've had to say no to, and will continue to do so to protect myself from hassle I don't need. I also remain quite unapologetic about pre-emptively putting them on the "naughty step".

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 1 month ago #19379

Reminds me of that numpty who thought I was going to post a 38kg vice to Ireland for him (Listed as collection only). Only question I had from him was "Is the repaint with genuine Record paint" (Or something like that), then sniped it at the last second. There was a week's worth of messages too & fro, with me trying to convince him that although I could send it, it would cost him more than a new vice, & him coming up with smart ideas like "Can't you put it in a cardboard box rather than on a pallet, it would be cheaper".

I had another early last year, one of those who won't take no for an answer, who badgered me to sell him a 7.50 motor for 5, then sent about 20 texts AFTER the BIN had gone through asking if I'd take even less for it! "No" was said, threats were made & he agreed to pay me the agreed amount. He subsequently turned up on my doorstep rattling 3 quid saying that's all he'd got. He didn't stay long...
He came back later with the other 2quids worth of payment in the form of beer...
At that point I had to give in as I wasn't in the mood to be spending the night in a cell!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.