Keyword

TOPIC:

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18845

I have purchased a "TAMIYA 58100 Top Force / Top Force Evo J Parts 9115041" from vintage tamiya parts on ebay for 15gbp, it arrived fast and came with "free postage" and i was perfectly happy till i saw the same product on goldstarstockists and modelsport uk for under 11gbp. Now im not saying that with postage added it would have been much cheaper elsewhere but charging 15gbp for a 10gbp item and claiming "free postage" is kinda wrong. And good luck getting combined postage deals when its labelled "free postage". On the other hand i know paypal and ebay all made a cut on the transaction and we need to support the hobby or lose it forever. :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18846

I've only bought from vintage-tamiyaparts 5 times in as many years, but the feedback I've left for them suggests that my experiences have been positive ones:

+ Excellent seller as always - part arrived in 24 hours :)
+ Thank you :)
+ Sent quickly, thanks :)
+ Sent quickly - thanks
+ Great seller - item arrived very quickly :)

Regarding the postage, the calendar I sent you cost 4.22 GBP to post, + another 1.00 GBP for the mailer - I would have thought the size and weight were comparable, so TBH you having a bit of a rant over 2.78 GBP seems disproportionate. Just ding them a star on the postage cost DSR & move on.

Condition on the other hand, if they'e being sold as new I would expect them to be crispy clean, if they weren't then you do have a valid complaint.

I'm not taking sides here - from the last few posts in this thread, neither of you look particularly good :(

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18847

I have purchased a "TAMIYA 58100 Top Force / Top Force Evo J Parts 9115041" from vintage tamiya parts on ebay for 15gbp, it arrived fast and came with "free postage" and i was perfectly happy till i saw the same product on goldstarstockists and modelsport uk for under 11gbp. Now im not saying that with postage added it would have been much cheaper elsewhere but charging 15gbp for a 10gbp item and claiming "free postage" is kinda wrong. And good luck getting combined postage deals when its labelled "free postage". On the other hand i know paypal and ebay all made a cut on the transaction and we need to support the hobby or lose it forever. :(

Hardly fair comparing an item bought from Ebay (with free shipping) to one bought from a website and without shipping lol, Ebay encourage sellers to offer "Free Postage", add postage and Ebay fees and your finding the item is probably priced exactly the same, Ebay charge 8.5% and Paypal a further 2.8% (plus 25p), No mention that her J parts is the lowest cost on Ebay either ;-)

Why not just find the items you want from Ebay and email directly and save money?

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18848

I've only bought from vintage-tamiyaparts 5 times in as many years, but the feedback I've left for them suggests that my experiences have been positive ones:

+ Excellent seller as always - part arrived in 24 hours :)
+ Thank you :)
+ Sent quickly, thanks :)
+ Sent quickly - thanks
+ Great seller - item arrived very quickly :)

Regarding the postage, the calendar I sent you cost 4.22 GBP to post, + another 1.00 GBP for the mailer - I would have thought the size and weight were comparable, so TBH you having a bit of a rant over 2.78 GBP seems disproportionate. Just ding them a star on the postage cost DSR & move on.

Condition on the other hand, if they'e being sold as new I would expect them to be crispy clean, if they weren't then you do have a valid complaint.

I'm not taking sides here - from the last few posts in this thread, neither of you look particularly good :(

I already showed the ACTUAL shipping costs on one of the posts, we lose money on shipping regularly, Royal Mail is to blame for the costs increases im afraid, we have NOT increased our shipping costs in line with Royal Mails increases.

They were new and clean, the main complaint seemed to be that one was not in a plastic bag and the other being that the mailing company handled it without best intentions.

Last edit: by Part Time Seller.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18851

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Not gonna bother reading the nonsense or respond extensively. Bunch of hacks and liars!
Never gonna spend another penny there. So block my eBay account if you like.
Changing the prices while you're in the process of buying stuff. Wow.

I'll stick with honest sellers that offer pleasant dealing.
Like the dozens of items I bought from Lightwatermodels over the years...
Never had a single complaint there.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18852

I can sympathise with the seller here on the postal charges. Posting overseas (even within EU) with Royal Mail gets very expensive very quickly as package sizes increase. Add to that the additional charge for a signature on delivery and I can easily believe that the postage cost would be over £8.

I would personally be very cautious about sending anything of any value without a proof of delivery because there are so many fraudsters out there. And with ebay siding with the buyer every time (despite charging the seller and having two "bites at the cherry" via their subsidiary, Paypal), if the buyer claims the item did not arrive, the seller has not got a leg to stand on.

If the item arrived damaged, I think the seller should accept some responsibility. We all know how much "care" Royal Mail take with packages and should pack them accordingly.

"Free postage" - no such thing. The postage must be paid for somehow and of course ebay will encourage seller to incorporate it into the item price because they charge a percentage of that, but not of the postage charges :dry:

Edou, I think your reaction is perhaps a little over the top. Maybe take a day or two to calm down and revisit this then?

On a happier note - my screws from Boltmeup arrived today - very efficient.

Also, the "plastic wheel arch tub" from Magnum Caravans arrived for my folding camper. Admittedly, it looks very much like a shower tray to me. :blink:
10 minutes after opening the shower tray, I received a PHONE CALL :blink: from Magnum Caravans apologising for the mistake and promising to sort it out tomorrow!

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18853

Neither hacks nor liars, and unlike JR I shall not block you for your own opinions.

As mentioned we have NOT changed prices on the items you asked about (altho sa stated earlier you were not going to buy from Ebay anyway according to your email asking for an invoice?), clearly you have not bothered to read the messages and have some kind of an issue with my mother?!.

Our feedback shows that the shop and the way it is run is both honest and reliable.

Thanks

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18855

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Items prices were changed hours after I informed. I know this because I had them bookmarked for a few months.
And I was ignored when I reported on the earlier shipment being damaged.
Despite that fact, I gave positive feedback.
Don't know your mother. But this would be the point to end the discussion.
I think we've had our say.

Last edit: by Edou.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18856

+ The point i was making is its not free shipping if you overpay for item (1)
+ And if its "free postage" you cant combine shipping (2)
+ But if theres no profit margin there wont be any vendors (3)
If my objective opinion confused you, try reading it again. Really wasn't meant as a put-down more a reality check about the world of ebay in general.

Seller reviews - share your experience! 11 years 2 months ago #18857

+ The point i was making is its not free shipping if you overpay for item (1)
+ And if its "free postage" you cant combine shipping (2)
+ But if theres no profit margin there wont be any vendors (3)
If my objective opinion confused you, try reading it again. Really wasn't meant as a put-down more a reality check about the world of ebay in general.

I undersdtand your post and agree, if Ebay were not as greedy and did not have stupid rules about shipping (amongst other things) it would be a better place for both sellers and buyers.

For example some buyers actually prefer to take a risk with shipping and several Tamiyaclub member (friends) buy using paypal gift and pay only for std economy (airmail) shipping at their risk, they save money and thus far no items have gotten lost, but we cannot do that for everyone as suddenly items start going missing again and it takes around 2-3 hours of time per lost item to make a claim from Royal Mail which is not possible (You need to fill in a lost form, print out the Ebay and paypal orders, then find your invoice from the manufacturer showing what you paid then copy that and send that, then you wait 4-6 weeks to be refunded!).

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.