Keyword

TOPIC:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47374

Wow!! That might be the best hopper yet! :)

To be 100% honest the grasshopper is a car I have never really wanted because I thought they were so....so.............
.......what's the word................oh ya............CRAP! ;)

You have completely changed my mind with this build, it is beautiful and the suspension mods are great too. I may reconsider my collection and add one. I totally respect what you have created and would be proud to have it my own collection, you should be too. :y:

Many thanks OW :y:
You are of course right about the hopper being crap in standard form haha. Its surprising what can be done with enough time and money, i would hate to put a total to whats its cost, but to me its was worth every penny n minute spent on it for the end result :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47380

Looks great :y: The 5-can orange has come out a lot better than my 3-can colour :)

Had an idea about your three can version, i posted it here Jonny :y: tamiyabase.com/...t=40#47349

I saw that :y: If you can come up with a way to retrospectively insert it between the primer and the colour coat so I don't have to strip it & repaint for a 4th time, that would be great ;)

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47514

Alan, I finally find the front academy sway bar. ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 5 years 9 months ago #50945

So I thought it was time to finish off the last couple of things I was not happy with on the ARThopper

Not happy with the top and bottom shock positions, the threaded bar and nylocs on the sway bar fixing (it was creating to much play on the uprights and also looked nasty :( ), and since I had a better (also prettier) motor, well why not haha

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 5 years 9 months ago #50946

A pure beauty.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 5 years 9 months ago #50953

The finished result, looks f**king awesome even if I do say so myself :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And a massive thank you is in order for JonnyRetro for the suggested colour scheme of the decals, I don’t think he could have chosen better and very grateful for being made aware of MCIracing, awesome decal provider IMO :y:
And also a thank you to Edou, he won’t know it but it was reading his old hopper third shock post back in October 2017 that made me decide I wanted more than just a normal hopper :y:
You will notice there are no sponsor decals, I have them just thought it looked a lot better without them :) :) :)

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, oldwilly, Al, danrighton

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Re:Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 5 years 9 months ago #50954

Badass looking.
See you also like to repurpose the axial links on decent cars.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 5 years 9 months ago #50959

That is a very nice Grasshopper! Well done! :y: :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 5 years 9 months ago #50961

Utterly awesome Hopper. Mine is now complaining it wants some more upgrades. :silly:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 5 years 9 months ago #50962

I second that comment, that is amazing looking!! makes me want one even more..and I never thought I would say that :ohmy:
The color and decals are great all the little touches like painting the front bumper and the Axial rear brace rod..with the name facing out...very classy my friend, very very nice. I can't believe how good the Kyosho wheels look too, I should add as set to something of mine.
Again very beautiful, very inspiring.:)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.