Keyword

TOPIC:

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63496

I really hope you have snow in your area.....here its only rain rain rain.
Marvelous job :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63497

One of your best creation jonny

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63508

Awesome work!
Would be oool to see it on the snow if you get more of it.

Here it came a half cm and vanished as fast as it came.
Up to xmas, we had rain every day in December.

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63536

Well that's different, Nicely done JR :) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63539

Just gave it a quick indoor test drive - as you might expect the turning circle is not very good, and I'll need to change the ESC. It's also a bit faster than it needs to be IMO...

The current ESC is an MTroniks Viper 20 Auto, so no setup button to change the default reverse from 1 second delay, slow start & a lot less than full power. That isn't really enough to overcome the weight & drag on the tracks units.

I have a couple of Tamiya TEU101BKs - they aren't waterproof & don't have BEC on the RX output, but they do have full power reverse on the second tap  & TBH I won't care if one gets water damaged.

I don't have any higher turn motors in the spares box, just silvercans & mildly tuned brushed 540s, so I guess I just not have to use full throttle. :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63547

Ok so not the ESC, it still doesn't want to go backwards with a TEU101BK & UBEC fitted ...

In fact there was a further complication, voltage was evidently dropping low enough that the motor started beeping as the ESC wasn't seeing a signal from the RX, but there were still enough amps to propel it out of control in to a couple of crashes :whistle:

That kind of implies battery, but the only other suitable one I had charged behaved the same & TBH is even more questionable in terms of age.

Next step is to get a new NiMH stick pack to buoy up my dwindling supply of conventional RC battery power + a 55T motor as I suspect the 27T silvercan just doesn't have enough torque.

I'm not inclined to try a Lipo stick pack with the current motor as there's a distinct possibility of crashing again, just 30% faster :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63550

IMO, the teu 101bk is not very fiable. I have several of them and I like them with my small 540 but they bug without working. They are strange. I prefer the cheap chinese esc 

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63557

Haha, sorry could not avoid laughing as I could see the crime scene in my head :D

A decade ago, about every esc I did own was the TEU101BK, and they perfromed flawlessly in my ownership, with most vehicles was powered by 55-65t motors.
Only mod I did was to put them in balloons with silicone and zip ties, and they got submerged on regular basis.
The most annoying thing about those are the high pitch sound they make, on long trails that could be a bit headache.

I avoid Mtroniks esc's after two failing on me and one of them nearly caught on fire.

55t motor will be the ticket I guess.
I once used a 80t motor, but with that motor, most things was slow as a snail :D Was intended for my Scania build I used to own.

Last edit: by caprinut.

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63706

55T motor & 16T AV (0.6mod) pinion - speeds looked equal forwards & reverse on the bench, and I even managed a couple of 3-point turns ... but then, same issue, just doesn't want to go backwards :confused:

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My M chassis builds 3 years 4 months ago #63726

Does it go in reverse if you take off the tracks?
If so, the tracks is the problem.

That the only reason I can come up with.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.