Keyword

TOPIC:

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #63829

Dismantling to get to the problem was only 2 screws; IDK if it's clear in the photo, but only one of the five screws holding the drive cup on was still present - and that was pretty loose :blink:

I think the problem is that if they're nipped up correctly, the far end fouls the bearing, creating drag or even locking the drive up, so they _have_ to a bit loose. I fitted new screws with blue threadlock, and refitted the (5) existing screws in the other side too.

Finally done then - apart from driving it in the snow. We did have a bit yesterday, but TBH it was more like a few mm of really fine hail & only lasted on surfaces that were already dry & below frezing, the grass was pretty wet :( 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #63858

I'm glad you found the problem!
At least it was a easy fix.

Speaking of snow, we got the first real snowfall today.
Last week was cold with -10 most nights and just a tiny bit snow to just cover the grounds.
Snow stopped when I took this picture, but started a few minutes after again.
I want to drive something on the outside, but I'm bit ill so I have to rest today.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Lemsko

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #63991

Finally got a snow pic :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, TamiyafanTrieste, Lemsko, the11th

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: inserting pic :)

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #63997

Rooohhh I love it.

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #63999

It is right at home in the snow 

Did you test it?

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #64000

Just 5-10m, took the photo on max. zoom & drove it back again :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #64217

Now sold on eBay :( ... but every sale is a recruiting opportunity for TamiyaBase.com, I always try to put in some sort of freebie in every parcel :)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #64220

Woo. That's a nice idea Jonny. 

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #64224

indeed, even i would feel sad to let this gem go

My M chassis builds 3 years 3 months ago #64532

This project continues apace :whistle: ;)

M-06S chassis with narrowed wheels & Scorcher front tyres:

Bed cut out of body, along with "rubber" trim for sunroof:

"Glass" cut in three areas - sunroof removed, small section of driver window (so it looks open), and area under rear window:

I wanted to improve the rear lights, there's an excellent set on Shapeways (clear, with LED holder inboard so painting them appropriately gives a solid back, correct shape clear lens & hidden wiring :y:) but Shapeways (beyond the designers control, I know) costs and the associated costs have got totally absurd now: 20 actual cost + 5% "processing" + 10 "expedited" post, and then another 20% VAT on top of all of that, plus (apparently) 6% duty, and 12 UPS handling fee, for a grand total of 51 :blink: Unless they start making stuff in the UK and reduce the post cost I'll have to do without ... enough whining - I'll attempt it myself so I trimmed the existing "lights" ... lots more to do but I know at least that much had to come off ...

Will probably drop the body a bit lower than this, I did want it to look like it could be off road capable, but it's never going to be with those tyres :D

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.