Keyword

TOPIC:

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64533

Oooohhhh to happy to see your f100 back Jonny. But why cut the bed? You could put wood lays on the existing bed. 
your rims are awesome. Largely more scaled than mine. And the vw tam rims are awesome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64534

Wich color(s) will be it?

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64535

Oooohhhh to happy to see your f100 back Jonny. But why cut the bed? You could put wood lays on the existing bed. 
your rims are awesome. Largely more scaled than mine. And the vw tam rims are awesome.

I want to have it a little lower than the stock bed & add inner wheelarch tubs :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64536

Still thinking bleached/faded sky blue with a touch of rust ... but maybe with an odd green door :)

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64537

Still thinking bleached/faded sky blue with a touch of rust ... but maybe with an odd green door :)
OOOOOHHHH YESSSSSSSSSS

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64538

With a old fadded add on the doors

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64585

Progress, mostly bunging up holes in the bodywork - some of them self inflicted ... front bumper had 10mm LEDs in a previous incarnation. Bed is 6mm lower than it was, I'm not sure it was worth the hassle :whistle: Filler to follow ...

Holes where the grille housing & tailgate attach have been elimitated, front end now has short lengths of M3 studding epoxied in on the inside, tail will be bonded when filler & "planks" are done.

Arch to tyre gaps are about 5mm & will reduce with extra weight as the build goes on.

I still had the GRp front mount parts from my first attempt, this time I just couldn't make them work so used magnetic mounts instead. When I've used magnets on styrene bodies before, I've made styrene rings to positvely locate the magnets. this time I thought I'd save time & not bother. I stuck them on in pairs, but as you can see I had issues with them sliding about :whistle:

Pretty sure I'm going to add a sun visor about the front windscreen :)

Attachments:

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64589

Largely better than my attempt. It is awesome Jonny. But where is the opening bonnet? I remind a project .  I need some lessons Jonny 

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64679

Progress - visor added, filler & sanding, bed planked, rear lights complete, driver window removed completely, starting cardboard aided design for a high floored semi interior.

All looking very "sano" ("clean", rather than Spanish "healthy") & I kind of feel the truck wants a very simple look - shaved door handles, hood trim & wheelarch rolls, maybe a dark silver with some red details ... 

That's really not "me", and I know if I did that I'd be moving it on immediately as I'd find that boring. Better start working on the crane :D

Attachments:

My M chassis builds 3 years 2 months ago #64680

It looks very nice Jonny.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.