Keyword

TOPIC:

My M chassis builds 1 year 7 months ago #72515

Magnets didn't go down flat on the inside of the 356 body, so I used black Milliput to fill in the gaps :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My M chassis builds 1 year 5 months ago #72947

Cheated a bit on the masking for the front & rear overriders - used a new scalpel blade to cut the protective film & airbrushed black Pro-Line Body Paint on ...

Removed the rest of the film & added "chrome" - aluminium foil tape - plus my homemade decals:

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My M chassis builds 1 year 5 months ago #72948

Supplied decals stuck on ... shame about those front arches and the spreading sides ...

Attachments:

My M chassis builds 1 year 5 months ago #72949

She looks like more to a cartoon car but she's funny. I like it.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

My M chassis builds 1 year 5 months ago #72973

Peeled the Mini 1275 & started on the decals ... in hindsight I think I would have liked to paint the roof white, even if it wouldn't have been correct - there's just so much darkness.

A chequered roof isn't correct either, but as I'd already cut a load of 10mm squares and it fixes my imagined problem, I thought I'd go ahead with it :)

First step - mark a line down the centre (lowermost edge of the 6mm tape in this example) & stick on the first square.

Step two - strips of 10mm tape to get the spacing for the first line correct:

Removing the tape - and accurately placing the squares meant I could do this much (plus a mirror image on the other side) without needing more 10mm tape as a guide ...

But the corners needed more for guidance. 10mm tape was the reason I cut the squares to 10mm - but it probably would have been better to make them 12mm (two runs of 6mm tape) or even 18mm (and used 18mm tape). At this point I ran out of precut squares & had to make to some more 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My M chassis builds 1 year 5 months ago #72974

Rest of my DIY decals on, and the ones from the L & L sheet that I wanted to use. Front windscreen decal is way too small IMO, but I'm quite pleased with the overall look :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

My M chassis builds 1 year 5 months ago #72976

Oooohhhhhhh! I LOVE IT!

My M chassis builds 1 year 5 months ago #72977

But minilite rims could be better. Or similar to alloy tamiya m rims.

My M chassis builds 1 year 3 months ago #73752

Finally started on my M-06 Xmas Beetle :) I haven’t counted, but I suspect this one makes the M series my most built chassis. The chassis build was unremarkable, I took a pic every two pages of the manual. I used a “Futaba” S3003 servo, bearings from RCBearings.co.uk, building it to the “L”ong configuration. I didn’t fit the ESC or other radio gear.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

My M chassis builds 1 year 3 months ago #73753

After thinking about what wheels/tyres to use – possibly the kit wheels with Scorcher front rubber for the nice big sidewall retro look (at the expense of an oversize rolling radius), possibly the 50mm aluminium wheels I’d recently bough on eBay because they looked like a bargain & might be useful at some point. The latter, with the very low profile modern tyres, would have worked if I went for a very slammed look, but I really wanted to keep all the kit chrome bumpers & didn’t think the mixing of styles would work, so kit wheels & tyres it is.   

Body trimming was more score & tear than score & snap, and I didn’t get it in one – I wimped out on the rear bumper notches & did those separately.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko, GToddC5

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.