Keyword

TOPIC:

My M chassis builds 3 years 6 months ago #62411

Red backed with silver (for the lights & grille), then with black; decals are 58149 repro & fit reasonably well.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My M chassis builds 3 years 6 months ago #62412

Wheels done, made my own black vinyl bits, not my finest work by a long shot but considering what i started with it's ok :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

My M chassis builds 3 years 6 months ago #62413

nb rear lights were (quickly) homemade, the repro decals didn't fit the rear lights of this one at all.

... and there's no rear bumper, and the grille should be black with a chrome surround :whistle:

My M chassis builds 3 years 6 months ago #62414

I am not fan of the black wheele arches. Too big for me. But a red mini is a red mini :p

My M chassis builds 3 years 6 months ago #62415

I love the resistor repair!

Epoxy may also work, but it needs to be the non-shrinkable type..
Like Zap Z-Poxy.

Downside the epoxy will dry semi clear.

My M chassis builds 3 years 5 months ago #62788

Dusted this off and made a little progress - screwed the seats down, started on running boards & made card templates for the front & rear of the cab :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63

Advent Calendarised Karmann Ghia 3 years 5 months ago #62789

I'm sure I've said it before - I like Advent much more than Christmas :)

In previous years I've always had an Advent calendar - but was really struggling to find one I liked. A chocolate one is out this year (and every future year TBH), big card popup/foldout ones aren't good value, and although Lego and Playmobil calendars area certain amount of fun, they're not really anything I want to keep once the last window has been opened.

I also had a "surplus" Karmann Ghia kit, TBH I should have sold it for the space & money it would yield - but although i don't like polycarbonate bodied cars in general and/or modern chassis, I found it just too pretty to want to sell onwards.

Obviously I made an Advent caledar out of it :D

I scanned the manual, divided the build process up in to 24 parts, printed out the relevant steps & bagged them up, along with the required parts. I've numbered the baggies up, and randomly arranged them in the box - part of an advent calendar should be trying to find the right "window", at least for the first week to 10 days.

Some of the steps are bigger than others, but the kit was never designed to be built in 24 equally timed steps. I've also moved the cutting out & painting of the body to the start of the build - where I think they all should be.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Frogfish42, Lemsko

My M chassis builds 3 years 5 months ago #62791

Oh that's fun JR :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

My M chassis builds 3 years 5 months ago #62794

Wahhhh top idea jonny. I love that. 😍

My M chassis builds 3 years 5 months ago #62797

Look forward to some more styrene slinging :y:

I found btw a place in UK that sells really cheap styrene sheets in 1.0 and 1.5mm thickness @ 457x254mm and various colors.
Overseas order is sent via DHL which is killer for my part so I got a mate in UK to order them for me.
Ordered 10 sheets so I should have for a while :laugh:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.