Keyword

TOPIC:

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 8 months ago #45586

Nice colour, Jonny. And, even nicer finish! That kind of finish with a spray can takes talent! :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 8 months ago #45589

Lars, that is Jonny Retro. The body boss ;)

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 8 months ago #45591

The cashier at the halfords now thinks that he can sprays in the garage with a rattle can on his Focus RS.:laugh:

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 8 months ago #45592

Not sure when this happened - the car has been under glass for most of the time since I finished it, I moved things around last week & moved it to a regular shelf & didn't notice it, I moved it again today to put in back in a display case & the paint has crazed all over - the clear orange layer seems to have shrunk :(

I don't know what the cause was either - the Tamiya paint, some sort of incompatibility between that & the Hycote base coat(s) - or the Novus plastic polishes I use to rub it out. I hope it's not the latter because I've used that on a lot of paintjobs since :sick:

ALWAYS BE USED ACRYLIC ON ACRYLIC, OR SYNTHETIC ON SYNTHETIC.
ACRYLIC ON SYNTHETIC, RUIN GUARANTEED.
SYNTHETIC ON ACRYLIC, RUSSIAN ROULETTE
NICE ORANGE..... NICE SAND ROVER!!!

Last edit: by Tamiya Madrid.

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 8 months ago #45601

Hey Mr. Retro, That new paint looks beautiful!!!! :woohoo: Great colour, just enough metallic, really superb!
I reluctantly do need to agree about giving up on trying for candy paint effects in scale, it just doesn't seem to work well, it is very hard to find the right materials that won't react with each other and clear colours don't seem to thin well for spraying. More recently I was trying to thin Tamiya clear red ( acrylic) to go over a sliver base for a 1/24 build and as you dilute it turns orange!!:ohmy: Did not matter how many coats I put on it was still orange, it looked nice but I wanted red.......:angry:
I have seen very nice results with car modelers using the House of Color range of products but unless you can find someone re-selling them in hobby size jars it is just a ridiculous price and more than a life time supply for scale use. There are some really good hobby paint re-sellers out of the USA but they won't ship it to Canada so I am out of luck there. I really like the Gunze Mr. Colour range but finding it here is hard, its not as popular as Tamiya or testors. I also really liked the Gaia Notes brand of paint from Japan, but finding a seller who has stock AND can ship it is getting tough too. :( Perhaps auto touch up sprays are the best way to go, yours look amazing. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 7 months ago #45604

Willy look after createx auto paints. A lot of colors candy pearl cameleon etc. Not too expensive and water based. I love these paints.

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 7 months ago #45856

Weather hit 19 Celcius & 69% humidity* for 5 minutes earlier today so I took full advantage & got the clear on the Sand Rover body ... no pics as it's out in the shed curing, but now it actually looks like it does in the earlier photos (rather than the opalescent it did IRL) ...

* I know that's not ideal sprayting weather, but I suspect it might be the last opportunity this year - the seasons have been 6 to 8 weeks early this year & autumn has arrived really abruptly now ... at this rate I'm expecting snow at the end of October :whistle:

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 7 months ago #45857

I have the same matter Jonny. 7°C this morning and 14 at home....

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 7 months ago #45860

DO YOU WANT TO PAINT THE SAND IN MADRID?
TODAY.....
MIN 15º C
MAX 29º C
: )
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 7 months ago #45861

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
or in Moncarapacho without clouds or wind ;-)
MIN 17ºC
MAX 24ºC

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.