Keyword

TOPIC:

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39219

Maybe you could, but it will be "wobbly". The ranger body has supports underneath that rests on the roll bar on each side of the body post. A standard Scorcher body clip and a Scorcher roll bar will be much better.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TommieG.

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39220

THX

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39228

If you want to have a look at vintage hop-ups for the SRB's, you should visit:

www.studio68.no...sp?id=2932

A little bit down there is a list of parts I have used on my "CRP Superbuggy" build. If you click the names, you will find info on more parts in each of the categories.

That SRB looks similar to the ones that I built with all the hop-ups back in the early eighties.

tamiyabase.com/...p-ups.html

The following user(s) Liked this: TommieG, stingray-63

Last edit: by yellowcat.

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39229

Remember yellowcats custom Ranger build, He used a butterfly chassis, So for me you should use the butterfly to build a Ranger & a standard chassis with the radio box to build a Scorcher :) You have some special parts for the Ranger there, I'm very envious :) So If you like, Just box them all up and post to me :y: ;)

yellowcat wrote:

That looks like my Ranger with my custom home made butterfly chassis. I am sick for some time and have done not much lately. I should be finishing up the Ranger hopefully before the summer is over.

Butterfly chassis link:
tamiyabase.com/...nyone.html

Custom Ranger link:
tamiyabase.com/...anger.html

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by yellowcat.

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39237

:cry: :cry: :cry: I need some spares to make my sand scorcher. Firstly 1 RM13 rear left arm with the small extension. I will make a listing. They are small parts wich will help me.
After, I think that the last part I have, wil be for sale, or trade. Probably the butterfly chassis will need a new home ;)

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39241

:) Guys,
To end my sand scorcher, I need some spares if anybody could help me please!
1 N13 rear arm
2 M21 rear arm shafts (wich maintain the arm on the gearbox
8 M51 brass pipe (for the screws on the shocks)
1 or 2 540 silvercan basic ones
1 pair of front tires (used but not cracked)
1 pair of rear tires (used but not cracked)
1 SRB MSC
I will have SRB spares for a new home but before I need to end the scorcher ;)
Thanks for your help.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39242

Re-re Sand Scorcher front and rear tires are really cheap on ebay (and other places). They look exactly the same as the old ones. I have used re-re tires on my Scorchers and on my Super Champ and Ranger. On my Rough Rider I have vintage tires, because the front tires are different from the re-re (missing the "SAND BLASTER JR" text).

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39243

When it comes to the rear arms, you should check what version the one you have is, so you are sure you get the right version for the pair. There are mk1 and mk2 versions. The mk1 has caveties for ball bearings both on the inside and outside (although the mk1 manual does not instruct you to install BB on the inside), while the mk2 only have space for a outer BB. Also beware that the Sand Scorcher/Rough Rider/Ford Ranger A-arms are different from the Super Champ arms.

Mk1 to the left and mk2 to the right.
Attachments:

Last edit: by TommieG.

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39244

After finishing my SRB series, I gave away most of the parts I had left. I only kept a few spares and the hop-up parts, so unfortunately I don't have anything on your list :(

tamiya super champ/sand scorcher 7 years 10 months ago #39245

I have to challenge this "myth", as I'm in a picky mood. :evil:
In my opinion, the recess found on Mk.1 SRB rear a-arms are not "cavities for ball bearings". 1150 Ball bearings actually don't fit as the recess has a slightly larger diameter. Also there is no way to secure a ball bearing (or any bearing) in the recess.
The recess is there simply to reduce the amount of pot metal used, saving money.
Later, Tamiya realised that the rear arms should be stronger, and filled the recess for added strength.
:evil:
-Lars

The mk1 has caveties for ball bearings both on the inside and outside (although the mk1 manual does not instruct you to install BB on the inside), ...

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.