Keyword

TOPIC:

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43711

Well, I'm not that good with knifes, except when eating. So I did what most people on youtube do and cut very carefully with those curved scissors. Because the scissors aren't really radius, more like just angled, I figured there must be another reason for it other than just cutting the wheel arches. So I started cutting on a straight side, small cuts and slow. It went pretty well. I managed to follow the line exactly! And because these scissors are angled they never stuck inside the groove. You can cut freely in one straight not getting stuck. That's good.

Now the arches. I cut these as close to the preset groove as possible without cutting into the groove. This method works but looks rather ugly. I need to add that as you cut the round arches you must twist the blades outwards so that they wont touch/scratch the inside of the polycarb material:

My confidence was temporarily low as the arches are a nightmare, and I didn't know how to solve the problem. *I want nice and round arches on my cars!* So I went to my local hardware store with my last hope, and I found this:

Man's best friends are his tools. Now I have this:

.. this, (this is my Datsun 240Z)

.. and this:

, and now I'm happy again! I forgot to tell you that I did ofcourse sand the edges with a somewhat finer sandpaper after the 'rounding', as the grit isn't as fine on the tool roll.

Love this tool!!

You don't already have one? Why not !?

(Not alot of buggies here lately, are there.)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43712

:y: learning your last post, I would advice you the dremeling. But that is not necessary. Your work is very pretty Tom. And on a 240Z..... you need now to make a so pretty work with the paint. Congratulation Tom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43713

Perfect arches buddy

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43714

Thanks Sting. Yes, now I am looking for good deals on those PS-paints. Not many will send paint to Sweden. I've tried Germany, they will not send paints. So I'm hoping for UK to help me. I'll have another look in my local hobby shop, last time they were out of almost every PS-color.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43715

The postal services dont allowed to ship these paintcans cross borders anymore (dangeres goods) same with shipping LiPo batteries thats a pain too (when its more than 2 ) :unsure:

edit: from german DHL (google translate)

Information on permissible contents of parcels and parcels.

DHL Paket Deutschland does not carry any products whose transport and / or storage is subject to dangerous goods regulations. For exceptional cases, part 2 of the "Regulations for the transport of dangerous substances and articles" applies to national shipping.
In principle, the contents of consignments which are:

explosive
gaseous
flammable
infectious
toxic
caustic
environmentally hazardous
radioactive

Or other dangerous properties or aggregate conditions within the meaning of the European Agreement on the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR).

Please note that many products of daily use in transport law are considered as dangerous goods, for which we do not consider it possible because we often misjudge their dangerous properties. These include, for example, flammable products such as hairspray sprays, deodorants, perfumes, nail polish, matches, table tennis balls, refreshing towels and lithium batteries, etc.

The dispatch of dangerous goods with the parcel product DHL Paket International abroad is acc. The DHL AGB package international not allowed. The exclusion from the dispatch of dangerous goods is based on the provisions of the World Postal Convention (regulations of more than 200 postal operators on the earth). In the case of target countries with aircraft transport, The international air transport association (IATA-DGR) is prohibited from airmail shipping of dangerous goods.

The dispatch of dangerous goods under the terms of Chapter 3.4 of the ADR (limited quantities, Limited Quantities "LQ") is possible for large DHL business customers after the conclusion of an additional agreement for the transport of hazardous goods for the package product Europaket into the exporting European countries. The recipients of the broadcasts, however, may not be private persons.

Last edit: by waterbok.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43728

Thanks yet again for a very detailed explanation, Water.

Yes well, it is all very dangerous stuff, that's the nature of these items. The problem is that nobody wants to ship them to me. Still they have Lipos in my local hobby store. How did they get there? Teleportation?

Tomorrow I will go on a hunt for good Lipos here in Sweden. If it isn't successful I will be asking you, Water, for a favour of highest confidentiality.

Oh yes, almost forgot. Today I spoke to Wentzels Hobby, asking them what PS-paints they had in stock - green, orange, pink, yellow, and light blue. They would import , but not unless I'd order a minimum of 6 cans of each. Great, right? So tomorrow I will take a ride on the E4 to another hobby store to have a looksy at their paint stock.

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43730

;) where is the problem if nobody know what is in the box?????

Re:UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43731

It is a problem if what they don't know what is in the box does what it says on the dangerous goods label and then find out it was you who shipped it. A Lot of things get shipped by airfreight and a lot of that in passenger planes. :(

Re:UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43732

Yes but if for example, a lipo in a safe package, and only toys spares on the package........

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43733

oh great that reminds I wanted to send you the tiny lipo of my Orlandoo :pinch:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.