Keyword

TOPIC:

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43529

It seems as I have something to look forward to then.

Meanwhile I've been bashing my TT-01E some on the dirt track.

After a while of driving on the track it started to sound weird, as if it had a real petrol engine. So at home I decided to do a thorough cleaning of every detail.

The chassi was really dirty, sand in the gears and in the joints.

Degreasing and washing under hot water made it like brand new again.

The TT-01 is clearly not made for dusty roads or even light terrain. I remember Tamiya warning about it in the manual. Well, now I know. It's 100% asphalt in the future for my TT-01. But it was great fun. It handles almost like my buggies on the dirt track, and with its 4WD with diffs it has much better handling.

Is there a similar chassi from Tamiya that can handle loose dirt and gravel? I want it!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43533

:) you have the Ta01/02 and the top force will be backduring june. A very efficient chassis

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43534

I don't know the tb chassis but I think that they are good ones

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43586

OK, you mean that "Top force" is a chassi type?

I'm looking at the TB chassis now ...

My first impressions of the TB chassis, there are many, are that they are very streamlined weigtwise for perfect balance and tuning for in-door racing, no protection against particles. The spur gear is completely in the open.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43587

I can't say you Tom. All what I know, its that I hope to have a tb one day to see and that I am an absolute fan of tha ta01. More upgraded lije the top force or top force evo. More than the egress or avante.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43623

Anyway, I think I found my fav rally chassi. The DF-03Ra. Got one two days ago, and last night I finished it.

But I still love my TT-01E, so I attempted to seal off the gear box in case of future dirt racing. Here's the TT-01E gear box, cleaned with removed upper case lid. The rear propeller joint does have a protective bearing so little dirt can get in that way. But there is a space between the top lid and the diff chamber, where the shaft continues to the differential. This is where dirt gets into both the spur gear and the diff.

Remember that "putty" you used to stick posters or paper notes to walls, windows or the fridge? Well, it's still around, and it's a perfect sealant.

Note how well it seals the space. So now I can splash my TT-01E through dirt, sand or even occasional mud without getting it inside the gear box. There is still a slight concern about the "gearbox joints" which still are tightly mounted with bearings, so not much dirt can enter here. The main problem was the open space between the spur gear and the diff.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, stingray-63

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43624

Wonderfull idea Tom!

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43626

And now, my babies.

I had a great time with my DF03ra today, I'm still experimenting with it some, getting to know it. And I can say it's an awesome feeling to drive it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43628

Tom, could you make some closer picts? Just to see the chassis..... :D

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43631

Ofcourse. Will these do it? Any particular detail you'd like me to shoot?

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.