Keyword

TOPIC:

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76091

Great build so far Mirrorman, really enjoying it and a great job to boot !! 👌

Great motor choice and I love the amber motor cover. Saw these kits as a kid but never dared to choose away from Tamiya. LOL
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76092

To me, it is not making any sense to put a so nice motor in this car : you won't see anything of the motor from the outside...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76094

I had 2 magnum like this in my clod buster and they really did the job. Same some wheelings when the sticks were nicely charged.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, mirrorman

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76095

Great build so far Mirrorman, really enjoying it and a great job to boot !! 👌

Great motor choice and I love the amber motor cover. Saw these kits as a kid but never dared to choose away from Tamiya. LOL

Thanks Jim . I like that amber motor cover as well. 

I never knew much about Nichimo except as a maker of plastic model kits. Tamiya and AYK were more familiar to me . 

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76096

To me, it is not making any sense to put a so nice motor in this car : you won't see anything of the motor from the outside...

I'm not so much worried about the nice looks this motor has with this build silvertriple . I'm lucky enough to have a few of these motors, and thought the torque it should provide will help with a heavier buggy like this. 

Last edit: by mirrorman.

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76097

I had 2 magnum like this in my clod buster and they really did the job. Same some wheelings when the sticks were nicely charged.

Good to read .. I thought that this motor may do the job well. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76098

They are nice vintage motors. I think that I have one in my madcap to.

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76099

The main issue with those Nichimo is definitely not the weight, but the lack of ground clearance... They will be ok on perfect modern ground, but on vintage tracks, they will get stuck on the first obstacle very quickly...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76101

The main issue with those Nichimo is definitely not the weight, but the lack of ground clearance... They will be ok on perfect modern ground, but on vintage tracks, they will get stuck on the first obstacle very quickly...

That's ok then, because I don't race vintage or modern. 

This will get a gentle run, and then live on a shelf. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76132

Step 17 and 18 : Were to build up and attach the Suspension Arms , etc to the Rear Gearbox unit ..
I  got too invested in the build and forgot to take photos.  But below is an image of the front and rear units complete with arms and stuff attached. .

Steps 19 & 20 :    Damper Assembly -
These are quite odd dampers in construction (well I'm not familiar with this type), and not the most pleasant build experience .. but they do look good. 

You'll notice in the first image that I've gone back to the kit supplied silver can motor . If I ever run this RC, I would only use a NiHM battery pack. Well that  AYK motor is so "chunky" that unless the NiHM battery is fully topped up it can't make the motor turn over even one rotation .. lol. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Last edit: by mirrorman.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.