Keyword

TOPIC:

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76133

Step 21: Attached the single (fatter of the 3 dampers built) to the front end - the 2 narrower dampers are for the rear end. 

Steps 22 to 26:  Build up the steering links and attach / Attach the Front and Rear Anti Sway Bars / Build up and attach the Front and Rear steering blocks.
Now the dampers are assembled these can be attached, along with the front & rear anti-sway bars
The parts that control the 4 wheel streering can also be attached to the front and rear gear box housings -  

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mirrorman.

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76134

Step 27:  
Attach the bling metal pieces to the bottom section of the 2 part chassis , while also fitting the front gearbox unit to the chassis (3 hands may be required equipment). 

Steps 27 to 29: 
Then we get to build up the 3 piece drive line , and and installed this in the chassis.  While adjusting the length said drive line, keeping the end sections in the correct measurement AND getting the rear gearbox assembly attached.  - 3 hands may again helpful with this part of the build . 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76135

Steps 30 & 31:
Fitting the battery End Stays and the battery compartment bottom flap thingy. 

Steps 32 & 33:
Fitting the Rear damper Top Mounts. along with fitting the Front Bumper. 

Then we can test fit the top section of the clam style chassis - 

* In the next few days I'll decide what to do about the electronics,  and take a look at that steering - which seems a little odd. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76146

Looks like a lot of fun to build that one, very different!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76165

Looks like a lot of fun to build that one, very different!!!

Yes, certainly different enough from the mainly Tamiya rc I'm used to building.  

I still have a few things to do on this one , like the body (will I paint or leave it clear .. and the driver, etc ) but not sure I'll start building another Nichimo anytime soon - I think after I finish this one I'll cleanse my mind with a Tamiya build. 

One thing I have decided on is that there will be no electronics fitted , except some cosmetic parts .  I'll keep this one a true minty and a non-run buggy. 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76177

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
I’ve only ever built Tamiya, but threads like this get me interested in trying out different manufacturers. Well I’d certainly go for the Nichimo Stratos or a couple of Kyosho’s.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76193

I’ve only ever built Tamiya, but threads like this get me interested in trying out different manufacturers. Well I’d certainly go for the Nichimo Stratos or a couple of Kyosho’s.

One of the Nichimo kits I have in the stash is a Mazda Savanna RX-7 RC kit , which should be a future build. 

I think that kits runs a similar chassis to the Stratos. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76197

• Al
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
That’s really cool, I look forward to seeing that build.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76201

Oh yeah, def need a build thread on that one!!! 👌👍

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76215

Oh yeah, def need a build thread on that one!!! 👌👍

Don't worry - a build thread will be done for the Mazda as well.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.