Keyword

TOPIC:

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76216

As I'm not fitting any electrics (except a motor)  or any servos - so I've jumped straight to :

Steps 43 & 44:
Building up and fitting the drivers head.
And fitting the top section of the clam shell chassis. 
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mirrorman.

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76217

Them I jumped again, as I want to fit the wheels lest .. so we are on:

Step 56:
Building the outer cage . 

Step 58:
Fitting the outer cage to the body - I'm only testing to see how it fits .. not screwed into the body anywhere. 

Attachments:

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76218

Step 47:
Now back to a previous step I skipped before - fitting the wheels to the chassis.
I fitted the tyres to the wheels last night. 

Looks nice .. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 2 weeks ago #76219

Tomorrow I'll start on the body prep and paint the drivers head.
This weekend is supposed to be better weather, so maybe Saturday will be "paint the body" time. If not then then Monday is also supposed to be sunny and a bit warmer. 

Then onto the applying the decals .. my favourite job. 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76230

Painted the body parts.   Went with a bright red and silver backing - still have a little clean up to do when it all dries properly. 
I've decided not to paint the drivers head , for the moment, but will continue on getting all of the body section done.

A shelf QUEEN she will be .. but at the moment she's more like a chassis wearing an oversized hat. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76234

Ah! Nice to see someone else that likes to paint before cutting/trimming! I tried the cut first method with the BBX and hated it! I'm going back to my old ways.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76240

Ah! Nice to see someone else that likes to paint before cutting/trimming! I tried the cut first method with the BBX and hated it! I'm going back to my old ways.

Sorry to disappoint Todd , but usually do cut before I paint.

I'm doing this body differently because there is no outer protective film. 

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76241

I went to cut the body today, but think I decided to do a layer of black before I do any cutting. This body is made from really thin poly. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76283

Well - it is finished.  YooHoo 

My Thoughts :
Beautifull to look at , not a ton of fun to build.  
Not an entry level RC for the first time builder , which could have effected the initial sales of these kits.
But also apparently not a good racing buggy either , so the true racing enthusiast would have bypassed this lovely looking beast.  

* A comment I have read about running this RC was - "prepared to be underwhelmed". 

Though my mind may be changed with my next Nichimo RC build -- probably the Cosmo Shooter or the Luminous
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

NICHIMO * The Midships * NIB build - Mirrorman's first Nichimo build 8 months 1 week ago #76284

This is an interesting piece added on the yellow sprue.  
An "A" frame stand which can be attached to 2 locater holes under the front of the chassis , which along with the opened battery door allows you to raise the buggy off the ground. 

Purpose : Keep the tyres off the ground ??   Not really sure ... Thoughts? 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.683 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.