2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9652

can you move the camera a little bit to the left :whistle:
cant see what Wallace (it think its him) is doing. :blink:

He would appear to be using a rabbit to polish the hubcaps on his van :D

Either that or he's just toppled over.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9655

Stunning finish, Jonny! I never get this good results :blush:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9659

Stunning finish, Jonny! I never get this good results :blush:

Ta :) ... but as anyone can hold a spraycan, I don't think the difference can be in the painting or clearcoating - so it must be in the preparation beforehand. As luck would have it, I'm writing a piece on that very subject for the TB blog, I guess you'll see it before anyone else :)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9661

More progress ...

The holes not filled by LEDs in the rear lights look very obvious ...

... so I filled them with appropriately coloured 3mm LEDs, they're not wired in but did have a bit of heatshrink put over the conductors so they don't rattle:

All coming together quite nicely ...

Apart from the interior - there's not enough headroom for the drivers' hat. I did think about dremelling the neck down a bit & taking the top off the hat, but it was much easier to just angle the rear of the interior down a bit- TBH you wouldn't notice it unless I told you & you had another re-re Bruiser next to it to compare.

I did a test fit & there was plenty of room, so a poky thing through the hole where it should be screwed through marked where the new hole needed to be:

My hole drilling isn't as bad as this looks - it looks so rough as I had to start the hole at a 90 degree angle then work the bit over to the correct angle:

The kit screws weren't long enough, I would have liked to use Tamiya screws but couldn;t find any, the button/hex head ones I did find look ok ... I don't know why it looks rusty in the photo :huh:

Still have to sort the wiring, but it's pretty much done apart from the decals ... I just wanted to appreciate it in its bare blueness for a while - metallic blue trucks do look good without decals (my Super Clod was the same, I ummed & ahhed for quite a while before putting the decals on that).

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9662

Finished the wiring:

:)
Attachments:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9663

Nice job :y: , I rather prefer the warm white LED but the blueisch looks good with your paint.
I was thinking of using yellow or orange on the front corner light, you used white right?

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9664

Nice job :y: , I rather prefer the warm white LED but the blueisch looks good with your paint.
I was thinking of using yellow or orange on the front corner light, you used white right?

I followed the manual on that point - no paint on the lens, making it a sidelight, so I put a white LED in it, and the lenses in the bumper call for clear orange paint, making them indicators.

To me that makes some sense, but I do wonder if it would have looked better if I'd painted the front corner lights orange (making them indicators) & leave the ones in the bumper clear, making them fog lights. TBH I think it probably would look better that way round :) / :(

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9666

Looks spamfastic Jonathan! You're gonna have to loose those bumpers though, they're pulling my eye from the realism. I think the High Lift or vintage Hilux ones would look better

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9667

New description of splendour - Jonnytastic!

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9670

it only looks like a real land cruiser.
The paint is so shiny I AM JEALOUS my f 350 is beuuuuuuurrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk.
SNIFFFFFFFFFFF
Are you bodies repairer?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.