Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66002

Nice job Johnny. I have been taking an interest in "alterative" box art paint schemes lately. My next one will be doing a Brat in the dark blue on the body parts box with the other stripes, I was lucky enough to find the stripes from MCI.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66004

yea great work i wish i was half as good lol

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66007

They look real nice. Gulf colours but on separate bodies:)  What plastic primer are you using? I have 2 Lunchy shells to paint.

Lee
Regards

Lee

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66008

Hycote White Plastic Primer (also available in grey & red oxide). www.eurocarpart...-552776431 for example, or you could try www.hycote.co.u...e-locator/ :) I tend to get it in bulk, mail order :whistle:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66020

Thanks Jonny.
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66033

Lots of flaws looking at the Buggy Champ bodies in close up ... the orange one was much worse than the blue for some reason, but nothing that couldn't be (mostly) tidied up with a little localised sanding & Kyosho Micron 1mm line tape (clear coat to follow at some point).

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66059

I don't know how you mapped the lines out but I usually use FBS or jtape 3mm fine line tape, (FBS is better) first and then masking over the top of that so you always have a hard line to stop the paint plus the masking just in case. It usually stops any tape bleed. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by jord001.

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66261

I don't know how you mapped the lines out but I usually use FBS or jtape 3mm fine line tape, (FBS is better) first and then masking over the top of that so you always have a hard line to stop the paint plus the masking just in case. It usually stops any tape bleed. 

3M 1/8th (3mm) blue vinyl tape, not sure what the reference # is :)

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66262

I had planned to put the two Buggy Champ bodies away for a rainy day, but all my other projects require wiring of some kind & I just don't feel like doing that ATM ...

Drivers done, I was a little disappointed with my attempt at a metallic orange for one of them, Orange & Gold Leaf - I'll try Clear Orange next time:

Home made window mesh, roof & lights attached:

"Reference" pic for decals:

Self Adhesive vinyl:

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, jord001

Adventures in painting 2 years 11 months ago #66263

Repro sponsor decals & sat on the "mule"  - daylight shows the orange properly :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.