Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adventures in painting

Adventures in painting 4 months 1 day ago #56742

Lovely houses.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 3 months 2 days ago #57011

More bits for my dad's railway layout - a load of OO gauge (1:76 scale) bricks.

The baseboard is a pretty small (for OO gauge) 6ft x 3ft 6" (1829mm x 1067mm), the plywood got a coat of celloluse sanding sealer before a light rub down & grey synthetic lacquer type primer.

Normally I eschew spray triggers, but this time I was grateful to have it, the board took two coats, and each coat need two 400ml cans :blink:

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Adventures in painting 3 months 2 days ago #57014

Roohh that smells a pure rail way. :woohoo:

Adventures in painting 4 weeks 6 hours ago #57813

Working on my dad's train set* seems to be sucking up all my hobby time at the moment, the hill is premade Hornby tunnel mouths fixed to a homemade wooden framework, with aluminium mesh supporting plaster of paris bandages, paint is varying quantities of green , yelllow, brown, white & black poster paint (which looks a whole lot better in the flesh) & still has some way to go.

* apparently that is the correct term when you can see the full loop, it's only a grown-ups "layout" :whistle: if the curves/loop (and the "fiddle yard" where your locos & rolling stock are supposed to be stored) are hidden behind scenery/ a back drop

I've also been working on another plastic kit, the monument is meant to look like a cast iron pole fitted to black granite, trough is meant to be lead filled with water.

A "new" loco - an A4 class, this ran straight out of the box despite having not been serviced in 65+ years, but ran smoother & better after de-fluffing, cleaning & lubricating.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Sam

Adventures in painting 3 weeks 6 days ago #57829

Woohoo. A nice scene Jonny.

Moderators: Jonny RetroAndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.