Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68977

Looks great Richard

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #68999

Today I put up some of my old shelves to give me some extra storage room.

Tight parking with a few millimeters to spare!

Later I will buy some 20cm wide shelves or shelve system to go under the workbench towards the wall.
I have so much stuff that I need to cram them into every spare inch available.
That way I may get the space back in the black shelve thingy where the scale garages is ment to go and what this thread really is about.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #69000

That's a good organisation richard. Never enough shelves
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 6 months ago #69004

Very true. I could double my space and still out grow it in 6 months. 
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #69026

Now we are getting somewhere and I have started to unpack some of the moving boxes and moved a few things around to use the space better.
3 more of those shelves are up, the last one is fixed up side down.

The ledstrip above the workbench is getting unstuck a few times.
Time to glue it down with contact glue me thinks.
On my shopping list there is a 5m 2835 ledstrip as I want a bit more working light.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #69027

Just for a second there I thought I saw the back end of Range Rover shell :D

I 'd be cautious going for more of that superbright cold/blue white, I've shifted away from that to warm (or at least daylight) flavour over time. One of the best things I bought was a USB powered anglepoise type magnifying lamp - with variable brightness & colour temps.  The "cold white" is quite blue, the "warm white" is a bit silly (almost sodium street light orange :D ) but the "blend" setting is just right :)   
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #69031

I used a pair of twingo DRL spots to have a better light at work and I took them in my workshop
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #69032

Just for a second there I thought I saw the back end of Range Rover shell :D

I 'd be cautious going for more of that superbright cold/blue white, I've shifted away from that to warm (or at least daylight) flavour over time. One of the best things I bought was a USB powered anglepoise type magnifying lamp - with variable brightness & colour temps.  The "cold white" is quite blue, the "warm white" is a bit silly (almost sodium street light orange :D ) but the "blend" setting is just right :)   

6000K daylight is the max limit for me, after that they is just too blue for my liking.
4000K ish tend to not give enough light as the color is fine but for some reason most leds in that region seems to have less effect on them.
The current one is 240 led pr meter (they are pretty close to each other) and that is my prefered amount per meter. The ones with fewer let say 60 led pr meter is just pointless imo if they are intending to be used as worklights.
I could have gone for some of those led plates, but they consume more watt than most ledstrips.
6000k 240 led pr meter seems to get more light pr your buck.
Just checked and 5m of 2835 240 led pr meter is about a tenner from ebay.
With that I have spare left overs to be used other places.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #69045

I have daylight bulbs in my workspace and in my garage  In the spare room I have 2 of these   and a standard daylight bulb. 
Garage has 1.5m strips x 4

Regards

Lee
Attachments:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 5 months ago #69051

Cold white leds everywhere in the loft. And a perfect 100w effect in the kitchen. Light is the life for me . And can't see well if not enough or more light . 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.