Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70842

• caprinut
  • caprinut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away

Ok, my head hurts now.  My brain knows that the boxes are small scale reps.....  But the cars, are they photo-chopped in???

Lol.
They are real.
The Zakspeed Capri is a HO scale car, which is 1:87 scale, so it is 1:8.7 scale in 1:10 scale garage. So it is a bit bigger than a 1:10 scale car.
I do not know of any smaller ones. HO scale has loads of different cars so they would be fine for a scale garage, and perfect for scale crawlers as most of them is 1.8.5 scale.
For the Hornets, those are the 1:60 ones that came out in 05' I belive. There is several others in that series as well.
These are really a tad too big for a 1:10 scale garage as they are 1:6 scale, similar to a HPI Baja would be in that scale.
For this reason I have bought some Georgia coffee miniature vehicles that are 1:10 scale of 1:10 scale, aka 1:100 in real life.
Those came out in 05' from a Coca Cola owned coffee brand called Georgia. Very popular in Japan it seems.
Georgia has also done a new series in recent years of miniature Tamiya vehicles. Most of them has non boxart colors, The could be seen as custom scale cars 

Here is a picture of those 1:60 aka 1:6 mini rc collection cars pulled from the web.
I got all the Hornet versions, black, blue and clear.

They are really tiny

The Georgia cars are even smaller, 40% of the size of the Tamiya ones.

I have bought 9 of those Georgia miniature scale cars that will live in a shelf rack with lights if all goes to according to plan. Bought the from Japan via ebay so it will take a month give or take before I see them.
Have also just made a big order from Rob Edwards for more scale boxes and he is also going to make some posters for me.
The posters is a simpler edition of his display cards 
And yeserday I bought several lengths of 10x10mm balsa square stock which will be made into my wall and roof beams.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70844

• caprinut
  • Away
The 1:6 ones was made by SAN-S.
More info and pictures can be found here: www.rc10talk.co...hp?t=22400
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70848

I miss the avante in the georgia serie. And like we talked Richard, in the futur, will be a scale garage to. 😉
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70859

• caprinut
  • Away
My favorite barn style scale garage builder is doing it again!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70867

Here is a picture of those 1:60 aka 1:6 mini rc collection cars pulled from the web.
I got all the Hornet versions, black, blue and clear.

WTFHolycraps.....  I didn't even know the miniatures existed.  They are very cool 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70869

How many models are boxart available?
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70871

• caprinut
  • Away

How many models are boxart available?

Think it is these
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70873

• caprinut
  • Away
Yesterday I glued most of the floor.
May seems a bit random bits of tools, but it was strickly some bits that needed some weight to be glued down properly as not all planks are straight.

Today I glued most of the back wall.
Some bits needed help at the top to stick down so the rest will be done tomorrow.

I left the bit behind the workbenc clear of planks as it will house the 12v transformer.

Plenty of room for that

After the last picture was taken I realised I do not have to cut the wall for taking out the transformer, as the bench will be removeable.
I simply just need to bolt it to the back wall and just make holes for the wire to go through 

I will double up the width of the shelves for the Tamiya boxes so they can sit on a angle so it will hold more kits in the same space.
There will also be a shelf on the left wall.
I have 10 more kit boxes coming so the shelf to the left is needed.
The workbench top plate and the shelves will be glued together tomorrow. Need to make a jig of some sort as I have not that small clamps while the glue is drying.

I hope I will have it done in a few weeks time 

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70877

Love it. But I remind my uncle's barn where lived a ds, the floor wasn't straight. Lot of dust and wood dust. (Ok it was a up to 100years typical alps mountain house built in the rock. )
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, jord001

Richard's adventure in scale garage and related items. 2 years 1 month ago #70879

• caprinut
  • Away
All wood is now glued, apart from the afterthought which I still need to make.

The 12v transformater is now secured and holes was made for the wires.
It might be a bit warm with use, so I will space it outwards to let air circulate.

Tomorrow I will either cut the windows or making the beams, or both depending what I feel up to.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.