Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74380

Just checked a review on that BambuLab X1, that is a really good machine, and quick! Not a cheap printer though, but definitely seems worth the price with the feature list. I look forward to seeing how you go with this if you get it. I think the only concern I would have with this machine, and I could be wrong as I don't have one, is that is seems very to be a very closed system. So modding and a lot of user servicing seems out of the question.

It's actually a good point...
However, there is already some alternative parts for the hot end on the market, and others are coming... And lot of farms owners are changing their Prusa or Crealitys for Bambu Labs printers as they are printing fast with very good quality, which kind of ensure there will be part stream to maintain them (even alternatives)...
Beside, the orignal replacement parts are not that expensive... So ultimately, it seems to be the best printer I can get at the moment... And the P1P is also selling like hotcakes...

For the close ecosystem, there is still the SD-cards, you can use alternative filaments (you are not tighted with Bambu filaments (which are not available most of the times by the way - it would be dumb decision not to accept any other filaments), and beside the cloud component, the rest of their slicer is open sourced, and there is already some forks with feature reintegrations to Bambu software as well...

I also looked at a lot of reviews out there : on youtube, on forums, on websites, and not only from those who got their machine in preview, but also from real users. It is really surprising how there seems to be a consensus over this. Some of the reviewers are doing some quite objectives reviews and critics and are known for this. If you haven't have a look at Maker's muse P1P vs X1C comparison. I think he is quite objective on his reviews generally...

On my side, I can't see better option as of now...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74383

good points. I'll check out Maker's Muse, I've seen a lot of his videos and he is generally pretty fair and balance. Now if I only hadn't of bought my Flashforge Adventure 4 last year, I could also be looking at buying this one :D. The Flashforge is not bad for the price, but the X1 Carbon definitely has a lot of features I think will ( or should) become standard even in lower end machines like the FlashForge.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74388

It did not took long. I've ordered a Bambu Lab X1 Carbon / AMS combo and a resin printer (Anycubic Photon M3). They have been ordered at the same time while both in stock, and I'm curious about which one will arrive first...

I'm thinking now about the way I'll get organized in the area to mitigate any issue on the WAF side. I'm thinking about a some dressing cabinet from IKEA, extended to have 70 cm inside, including noice dampening and proper ventilation/active carbon filtration... The 70 cm deep is critical as it is the room needed to get the Ender 5 plus in the same cabinet....

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74390

I have the Anycubic M3, a great resin printer for the price. Did you get the Anycubic wash station as well?  It’s well worth the cost.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74391

yes, I took the Wash and Cure Plus as well...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74393

I know people is using the Lack stools for printers.
But at 55cm they are too shallow for your use.

There is the PAX systems which some of those are 70x60cm.
Extend the backside?

Or double up Metod 80x37x200 frame (kitchen cabinett) so you get 80x74x200 cabinet?

Last edit: by caprinut.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74395

I'm not sure the IKEA catalog is the same everywhere...
I checked with many other furniture providers' websites over the last few days: here, none of them have cabinets which are 70cm deep. The standard seems to be 60cm.

And the Ender 5 plus is basically registered on a ground rectangle of 75 Large by 66 deep. I would need a cabinet large 100 and 70 deep (height is not the issue). Accordingly, I'm considering a PAX of 60 deep with 100 large, on which I would need to find a way to add 10 cm behind (that is where the difficulty is)....

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74397

Double up Metod 80x37x200 cabinets seems most fitting so far...

www.ikea.com/fr...s39457437/ 

+

www.ikea.com/fr...s39457437/

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74398

The problem with all of those is that the back participates to the structure strength... It's easier to do it with a PAX and add 10 cm behind using 10 cm beams on each side, and opened partly the back of the PAX. The main reason it's important in my case is that the printers are going to work inside, generating vibrations...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74399

I see your point 

Going to do the same for my rc car cabinet that is not deep enough.
I will use window frame boards as the has a thin edge at one end which can be screwed to the cabinet.
That way it will not add wall thickness on the inside of the cabinet.
Doing so I will add about 30% more space than now as the long vehicles is no longer needed to face with the sidees, but facing forward.
My landlord already got those boards and he is not going to use them 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.