Keyword

TOPIC:

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74485

The M3 is a pretty good machine, I have one and I find it quite reliable. It can get a little smelly though with the washing station and even some resins so be careful there. I am using ethanol as my cleaning solution though which does smell more than IPA. I also ended up putting my resin printer and wash station on a decent height garage work bench to make it easier access etc.
Looking forward to seeing how you set things up and your test results!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74486

IPA smelts like the beer? šŸ˜šŸ˜œšŸ‘¼

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74487

I've looked at the different way to wash the parts... Some uses Ethanol as it is cheaper than IPA. That being said, IPA has a key advantage : you can recycle it easily by exposing the bath in a closed box to sun for a day, and filter it, and you can reuse it. It appears it's not as easy for ethanol from what I read here and there...

For the test, I think I need to learn first :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74488

The ethanol is quite dangerous to, vapors are flamable. I don't know what is IPA.Ā 

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74489

just one more carbon atom in the molecule, so it basically goes propanol, ethanol and then methanol. So it's slightly more aggressive as a solvent. I used it primarily as it was freeĀ  Ā Will switch it out when its no good.

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74518

It's here :-). The box is big.

I would like to wait I have installed everything to open it, but I can't : I need to print parts for the Ender 5 plus enclosure, and the X1C would go on top of it. I'll have to unbox it tonight :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74521

Well, that thing is crazy...

About 15 minutes to get everything ready, about 10 for a firmware upgrade or less, I was not next to it...

A print, 7 minutes of calibration to start it...
(if you want to see the hot end moving : imgur.com/pO9Zlci )

And 17 minutes later...

And some detail pictures

And the quality is just impressive...

I'm printing right now a bed scrapper...

And that was less than one hour after it was unboxed... It took about 48 hours to get a decent print on my Ender 5 plus. It is really impressive...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74522

thats a good print!

was the machine very noisy while printing?

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74523

Well, It's a bit noisy during the calibration steps, I'm using it at normal speed (it was not even Sport or Ludicrous mode), but I don't find it that noisy : my Ender 5 Plus out of the box was doing much more noise until I put the silent board...
That being said, I'll measure with a DB Meter...

SIlverTriple's 3D printing stuff... 1 year 1 month ago #74524

thatā€™s good, some of the reviews i watched seemed to think it was noisy, but it looks as if those issues have been addressed.
On a side note I have started to model the Hunter body, so Iā€™ll see how that goes. On a work related project, Ā come across a Phrozen resin that is high temp and quite rigid and durable, so once the Hunter model is designed, I am going to try resin printing it in sections and then vac forming it. It should be quite suitable for vac forming repeatedly.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.