Keyword

TOPIC:

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #28951

In space.

It's nice to be reading the threads & seeing what you chaps have been up to. I've even got a rebuild thread brewing....
I can't see that I'll be quite as active as before though, I'm so short of time at the mo I have to make an appointment for a dump

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #29228

All,
I moved the Facebook related topics from this "Ebay woes" thread to the "Facebook woes"-thread in the "All other topics" section.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #29274

Not happy...
Remember me ranting about that "cheap" Lipo I bought for my heli on Ebay, y'know, the one that exploded when it wasn't plugged in, & destroyed my heli?
Well, I contacted the seller at time of the incident, supplied him pics, & asked what he intended to do about it.
He told me he was forwarding the pics to the battery supplier for comment/action, & SAID that he'd ordered me a replacement heli.... After a month of waiting, no heli (Really?).
I contacted him to ask what was going on & he told me they'd had his credit card details & he was just waiting for confirmation of tracking details. I've given it another couple of weeks & havent seen/heard anything, so I thought I'd give him another quick chase-up

Went to reply to his last message, Ebay says "This message has expired, please start a new message".
Went to find the battery listing in my "bought items" list so I could use "contact seller" from the drop-down, not there, it's been longer than the maximum displayed items of 60 day's-worth...
Ok, I know he left me feedback so I'll get to the listing through that, using "view item" - nope, he's retracted his feedback.... now what?
Nothing for it, I don't like reporting people, but I'm gonna have to in this case, Ebay haven't given me any "nicer" alternatives.
"Report item" (Cos it's the only option anything like what I want to do, appears you can't contact Ebay with an "other" option anymore) - can't do that, it's over 60 days old.
"Item not as described" nope, it's over 30 days old to can't get my money back.
"Report member" (He's obviously looked into this & hat's what the stalling was about, I reckon, so now I'm thinking he deserves it) - I have to select one of the criminal activities from the drop-down, none of which applies....

Anyone got any suggestions?
Just to recap, battery was unplugged when it let go (See pic below if you haven't already)
My concern is it could've done that in the loft, a small child's bedroom etc.
Note that the initial "Explosion" spatted the wall with soot about a foot away (2nd pic) & that it was still smouldering after I'd rushed upstairs to grab the camera (1st pic), so it wasn't in any way a qick "puff" type event, it was more like a roman candle for a couple of minutes or so!

Oh, seller is "JIMMYONLINEAUCTION" for anyone who's interested...

Attachments:

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #29277

That's one big son of a female dog, that guy. :sick:
I'd order the smallest item he has, never pay for it and leave feedback anyway describing the event and bad attitude of seller.
Maybe it could be worth writing to eBay on itself, without using the specific response options...

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #29291

:unsure: If you paid with paypal you can contact them and they can make something for you. I had a matter with iPhone 4 some years ago and paypal gave me reason.

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #29327

It's not about the money, it's about being narked at the effort someone would go to, to avoid doing the "right" thing. I don't take kindly to being screwed over by slimebags no matter how small or large the cost.

It started out with my concern over someone else's safety, & as long as my damage was rectified I'd say no more about it, but it looks like this guy has deliberately mislead me & gone out of his way to prevent me doing anything about it

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #29328

He's in the UK, isn't he? Report him to the appropriate administration as selling hazardous items. You have photo proof.
Even thinking there might be a reckless endangerment in there, especially if these are still being sold.

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #29335

Is he a business seller? Trading Standards would be the first place to try.

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 10 months ago #29367

Cheers for the suggestions guys!
Trading standards has been suggested to me before, not sure how I'd go about it though

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 8 months ago #30776

Just want to say....

...I feel special.
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.