Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13243

Slightly off topic, but here's one that's ripe for JR's De-solve It treatment :sick:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13246

I'll suggest it's not what it says it is - bet it's a frog/brat that's been painted - front end's wrong & rear wheel size suggests it's not a 'foot gearbox. There's something similar in the "spares repair" section, but without the red paint

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13248

This one's definitely not a 58154. It's been put together with an XB shell. BIN price is quite a stretch too :

I like mine better anyway! :P

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13264

There is currently a nib hotshot 2 body and wing on ebay for a $200 starting price i think hes either talking the p*** or thnks it will sell there also another one on there for 40 euro bidding i might bid on that one

Ebay some people dont have a clue

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13266

thats the same guy i just bought the hotshot 2 im going to restor from i nearly bid on that too :)

Last edit: by Si06.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13267

Here's a goodun - remember talking about Thundershots & how unpopular they are (Usually) & how Ebay bidding appears to be a bit derranged at the mo?
rover.ebay.com/...1423.l2649

thats the same guy i just bough a battered Hotshot 2 from on ebay i nearly bid on that one too lol small world

Last edit: by Si06.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13268

I'll suggest it's not what it says it is - bet it's a frog/brat that's been painted - front end's wrong & rear wheel size suggests it's not a 'foot gearbox. There's something similar in the "spares repair" section, but without the red paint

I'd say it was a hybrid with Monster Beetle (red) chassis and frog/brat suspension. The body mounts are from a Brat.
I was more concerned with the disgusting colour scheme!

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13327

:y: Pleasure moment please!!!
Yesterday I bought an accessory for my Unimog CR01. It was a cutted auction. The guy lives just near my city. When I saw his auctions I decided to buy the lot. So Now I have a quasi complet kyosho ultima outlaw with original body, a very nice heavy duty metalic gallery and a new friend who will connect him on tamiyabase. The best is that this man has same friends than me. We have the same rc dealer since 1982. The world is very very very small ;) :P

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13340

Small RC world indeed... :huh:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13492

Si06 - "Ebay, some people don't have a clue" - get this then! - (I know I whinged about it on another topic, just thought I'd repeat myself in the proper place)

Missed a good Quattro deal cos I was distracted by trying to explain to some numpty that "Collection in person only" on a 38kg vice DOESN'T mean you can blindly send me a Paypal payment for it with a note saying "Please put it in a box, I'm sending a carrier to collect", especially when there had been NO prior contact! Better still, after explaining to him that I'd send it (To Londonderry) if he really wanted me to, as long as he'd pay for the wooden crate & my time to make it (Which may or may not escalate into needing to be pallet-mounted for 38kg-related health & safety reasons), he turned around & said "Why a wooden crate, can't you just put it in a cardboard box with a bit of wood in the bottom?".
Absolutely gobsmacked....

On a better note though, despite hating the wheels off them, I just scored a pair of whizzy-shots for 18gbp+p+p, one's got the doorstop wedge body (Whatever skanky version that is). Sort of hoping there'll be enough good bits there to build a decent runner for my nephew

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.