Wizzy shots ?

I recommend Imodium :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13500

nah that makes you go faster bannana's slow you down

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13501

Great, more coffee in my lap!

Wizzy shots - wizzy as in the type of car Jonny affectionately refers to as "Whizzy buggies", crossed with wizz, as in on your chips. Shots as in Super, Thunder, TerraSpaz whatever... Y'know the black ones with blue bits that break if you use them

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 6 months ago #14708

Still waiting for feedback from petejulie-2008 after their purchase of the Scalextric Lister Jag from me.
I've just checked their profile and it looks like they/he/she don't leave feedback for anyone. Rather discourteous don't you think?
This means Paypal will hang on to forty-odd quid of my money for 21 days.
I've sent a polite message with no response. I'm now thinking about a stronger one or maybe using the "Follow up on feedback left" function. Thoughts?

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 6 months ago #14712

TBH I think you're kind of stuck with waiting - what happens if you force the issue & get left neutral or negative feedback? I know when people have asked for feedback for me, all it's done is badword me off ...

:)

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 6 months ago #14722

Difficult one that - after Ebay decided that sellers should have not rights whatsoever, there's no reason for buyers to do what they're supposed to.
Discourteous, yes, against bay rules, no, affected the transaction, no, would it affect future sales? Probably not. As you probably know, sellers can only leave good feedback or none at all. None at all can result in the buyer leaving bad/neutral, as the other party usually assumes it's their right to be left feedback, to boost their ratings. You've left some good, so leave it alone now if I were you. They're the ones with no manners & their "feedback left for others" tells everyone else that too.

Personally, if I'm buying, when the item turns up I send a quick message to say "It arrived safely, I'm leaving good feedback, please do the same for me" & leave it at that. There's only been a few that haven't left me any at all, but several that don't get around to it for around a month after the sale (Possibly doing a month's worth of it in 1 lump?).
If I'm selling, I send a quick message when I post the item, to say "It's on its way, let me know it turns up ok. If you're happy, leave me feedback & I'll do the same for you". Again, I leave it at that. Again, there's only been a few who haven't ever left any feedback, some is instant, some is delayed for up to a month.

Had an interesting one recently, sold a "Buyer collects" item. Immediately after the sale, the buyer sent me a quick message asking for a date to collect & some directions. Unfortunately, he used the "I haven't received my item yet" message title selection. Because this could potentially be a problem, Ebay opened a case against me...

At the end of the day, Ebay is used by all manner of divs who expect it to be like Argos & have no concept of the idea of buying/selling second hand stuff & the gambles that come with it.
Ebay itself is a company out there just to make money. Although they advertise "safety" etc, they really have no interest. It is just in their best interests to keep the buyers happy - there will always be someone trying to sell stuff, but buyers can always shop elsewhere

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 2 days ago #21459

I've just been dealing with my first non-paying bidder. I should have smelled a rat before really as the buyer (tonymistral25) had zero feedback and is from France (not that I have anything against the garlic-munching soap-dodgers ;) , but it complicates things - expensive int'l postage, language problems etc). However I always thought that it was unfair to block 0 FB bidders as we were all there once. My opinion is changing :dry:
In fact another bidder cancelled his bid after being beaten up to £17 in £1 steps by Monsieur Mistral. I suspect he thought he was a victim of shill bidding. Because the bid was cancelled, I have no record of his ID so can't contact him to offer it or reassure him.
Anyway someone else bid £10, so it sold to Frenchie for £10.50.
I tried contacting him with no success before opening a case.
Still no contact. The manditory 4 day wait ended last night, so this morning I closed the case and got my fees credited.

I was then surprised that I was unable to leave negative feedback because "Feedback has been disabled because payment was not recorded." This seems mad and I want to warn others about this bloke. Did you guys realise this?
What are your thoughts?

I have given the other bidder a second chance offer.

Ebay stories and woes 11 years 19 hours ago #21494

Funny Martin im just dealing with a none payer myself (the_curry_king) he purchased a boat i was selling then ignored my emails after days of none payment then i got an email tonight saying he has been trying to pay for days but paypal wont 'allow' him saying someone else purchased the boat :silly: funny how he chose to ignore all my emails for days perhaps his email is faulty too :whistle:

I just dont understand the nature of a person who spends time on ebay buying items they dont want then making excuses why they cannot pay? The guy really needs to get a life and stop playing around wasting my time. Some people are a waste of air :sick:

I sent him a final email suggesting that if his ebay paypal account is faulty its probably best to discuss it with ebay not me and i have opened an unpaid item dispute with him :laugh:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Ebay stories and woes 11 years 18 hours ago #21497

I just dont understand the nature of a person who spends time on ebay buying items they dont want then making excuses why they cannot pay? ...

Drunkeness, and unwillingness to admit it? :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.