Keyword

TOPIC:

Re:Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 10 months ago #38981

Not the all new Flop Gear. Zzzzz

I think i would have been a lot more forgiving if it hadn't taken so long to appear... my overall feeling was "meh", closely followed by "we waited all this time for this?" *, - but soon overtaken by "who is that lump of wood & what have they done with the real Matt le Blanc?".

* 15 months = 456 days = the gestation period of a Walrus. Overall I think I'd rather have an episode of Top Gear in the corner of my room than a Walrus, but I typically watch 45-90 minutes of TV a day, and when there's so much good or even great TV, there's not much room for "meh" in my schedule

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 10 months ago #38991

I'm a bit "meh" about the new Top Gear too, but I will persevere. I thought Matt LeBlanc was surpisingly good. I thought Chris Evans was a bit shouty and manic.
Would like to have seen more of Sabine Schmidt. The old episode of her overtaking Porsches and Superbikes on the Nurburgring in a Transit van was classic.

Re:Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 10 months ago #38996

:laugh: Respect for TOP GEAR UK (still old diffusion in France). It is the only car/tuning emission that my wife like to see. (with inside west coast custom :huh: ) :y:

Re:Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 10 months ago #38998

Same here, my wife actually enjoyed Top Gear UK :huh:

:laugh: Respect for TOP GEAR UK (still old diffusion in France). It is the only car/tuning emission that my wife like to see. (with inside west coast custom :huh: ) :y:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 4 months ago #41798

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Westworld. After the 70s movie. Quite a good first season.

And I'm rather enjoying season 7 of Gold Rush.
Tony the Frisian's doing very well. Hoffman crew always drama...

Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 3 months ago #42087

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
IMDb lists May 21 as the date for the airing of the first episode of the new Twin Peaks season. :woohoo:

Last edit: by Edou.

Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 3 months ago #42088

:huh: A new season? I saw the integral of the first one during September and I was very disappointed by the end.

Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 3 months ago #42094

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
They never finished it... more so, David Lynch stopped directing at some point (but he's back now) and apparently Lara Flynn Boyle couldn't handle the chemistry between Kyle MacLachlan (agent Cooper, her boyfriend in real life) and Sherilyn Fenn (who was also stealing her thunder). This seems to have had it's impact on the script, creating a weird transition halfway during the second season which to me was quite detrimental to the story line. I'm very curious what they'll make of it this time around though.

Last edit: by Edou.

Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 3 months ago #42095

Well It's only 10 day's until Moto GP 2017 testing starts :y: & March for the Start of the Racing :woohoo: I'm suffering withdrawals :laugh: :laugh: I've been watching the off season show & replaying races to satisfy my cravings :P

Venga vamos Jorge B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Things I like to watch on the screen 7 years 3 months ago #42097

They never finished it... more so, David Lynch stopped directing at some point (but he's back now) and apparently Lara Flynn Boyle couldn't handle the chemistry between Kyle MacLachlan (agent Cooper, her boyfriend in real life) and Sherilyn Fenn (who was also stealing her thunder). This seems to have had it's impact on the script, creating a weird transition halfway during the second season which to me was quite detrimental to the story line. I'm very curious what they'll make of it this time around though.

I hope that the 25 years later season will be better. Too much sci fi for me. The first season hadn't this side. :angry:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.