Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 8 months ago #24236

Vice, big block of wood & medium sized hammer ... of course that only gets you to 90 degrees & I needed to go further so had to reposition - that's why the back is not entirely straight in the last shot :whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 8 months ago #24253

Nice handywork

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 8 months ago #24448

Stripped the paint off yesterday ... note the Blackfoot parts mixed in there - I tried doing that at the same time & TBH it was too much in one hit :whistle:

Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 7 months ago #24683

re the mystery parts pile ... mostly what manotas said, + I think waterbok is correct re the M38 idler ... one of the "SRB" bits I think is also for the M38 - the input gear/shaft on the lower gearbox. Interested in what the lowermost bit is too - I also have one, no idea what it's from.

:)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 7 months ago #25086

A little bit of progress on these ...

Second best grille was both stretched & bent, after shortening the broken slats & gluing them, I stuck a bit of bracing on the inside - this should be hidden by the winch - and faked a new bracket on one side:

Inside front of one body needed an inlay, as did rear left corner of both:

Lots of filler, I've since wet sanded off 99% of it:

New "glass", just in case the old parts don't clean up well enough:

I was short two front wheel bearing retainer plates, so made some replacements ... and lunched my hobbyking lathe in the process :whistle:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 7 months ago #25087

:woohoo: One of my dream:
To can and know to work and have a same work level as you Jonny :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:
I am crazy to see your work. Each time it is perfect.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 7 months ago #25208

Basic (aerosol) painting done ... green is Humbrol # 85 Light Olive (lighter than I remember TBH :whistle?: ... I wonder if it's a bit too light?), spare wheel cover is Halfords Peugeot "Antelope Beige", some bits are Hycote generic "Satin Black" & some I've left in grey plastic primer :)

Theoretically these are all going in a box while I get on with other stuff ... but I do tend to get distracted :blush:

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 7 months ago #25254

Tackled the gouged up wheel edges ... procedure was just the same as for the wheeler wheels I did elsewhere, but I wouldn't have tackled raised edges without my new toy...

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 7 months ago #25276

:blink: definitively crazy pro Jon :silly:
Perso I need 4 rims for my midnight street rod :-D

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 5 months ago #26534

It's definitely not the season to be doing stuff outdoors, so I had a goosey at what I could do on the Wild Willys ... I got a bit overenthusiastic on the visors & did every one in sight :whistle: ... body parts got details painted & various colour washes ...

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.