Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8172

Always enjoy following your threads JR your attention to detail is awesome...this will look great B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8177

Gave it a couple more coats yesterday - it has gone a little more orange, but still not really the right one. It'll have to do, and TBH I'm not sure how much it matters - no-one was ever going to confuse a Bullhead with a Dodge Charger anyway ;)

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8179

Hey... post #1000 for Jonny! :cheer: :side:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8257

Weather is still too cold & damp to finish the spraying & no change likely for the next 5 days :(

I got fed up of waiting for the M4 grubscrews for the pinions to arrive, so yesterday I ordered some more - they came today so after a quick fix on one of the gearbox brackets that managed to break itself while sitting on the bench :whistle:, I finished the chassis.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8280

Had a tiny bit of sunshine this afternoon so I made best use of it & got the clearcoat on the shell :)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8287

JR your colour choice is great and the finish even better. The colour will take to some detailing of body panel gaps, door hinges and window rubbers something magic. Certainly not as "Rough as a Badgers" any more! Keep going .....brilliant work as always.
Marius

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8288

I second that. That color is awesome, and I think it looks killer on the Bullhead body.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8290

Thanks chaps - I still don't think it's quite orange enough for my purposes though :(

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8292

It looks the part and any colour with "FORD" in it can only be nice!
Marius

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #8356

Spotted a nasty rug/sag in the clearcoat on the back of the cab shortly after taking the photos ... should have taken a photo really as it was a bit of a monster ... it's shrinking rapidly though - now it's pretty much down to a lentil size lump, & it's it such an awkward place I think I might just leave it :whistle:

Made a liitle more progress on the bolt on bits - they got 3 coats of Ford "Machine Silver" & a heavy coat of clear while I was doing the body:

Also did a bit of detailing - rubber black & NATO black as appropriate + "chrome silver" for the filler caps, a wash of heavily watered down NATO black on the grille & smoke stacks, I also put a bit of mesh on the air cleaners - the masking tape is so the greek godess of adhesion (Araldite :whistle: ) can work her magic overnight:

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.