Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7535

according to the H+S spec sheet WD40 does not contain silicone or PTFE.
of course, i dont encourage emptying a whole can liberally over everything in sight but spraying it on to a rag then giving your bits a good wipe over will clean them and protect them and make them nice and shiny :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7536

DUKE STYLE......nice!!!! :woohoo:

It does kind of work ...

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7544

Missing balljoints are two off "SP3" (aka 3455190), 6mm Ball Connectors

Missing steering pivot is BM4, 4x15 Step Screw, 2090007

Best option I've found so far is buying the two bags with the bits in from Japan, cost about 17 GBP :S ... hoping someone can do a bit better than that :) ... also after parts B4, B6, F1, F2 & F3 ... again I know whole sprues are available new ...
Attachments:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7550

Ball joints - I've got 1x as pic but thread is 6.5 long, or 8x as pic but thread is 11.5 long (Could be cut down if you have the means).
Shoulder screw - nope. haven't got any, but a trick is to use a normal screw & sleeve it with a piece of metric transmitter aerial tubing, or if you're carefull you can tap a suitable piece of brass/ally tubing/rod.
WD40 - it USED to contain silicone back in the day when there was a rocket on the side of the can & I haven't checked since... It wouldn't surprise me if it does go for some plastics, after all, they recommend using it to remove chewing gum, crayon & sticky stuff. Must be something volatile in it cos model engines will run (badly) on it & it's ideal fuel for potato cannons.
Love the general bull! Shame you don't live in Lynn or you could call it the Duke's Head

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7551

Ball joints - I've got 1x as pic but thread is 6.5 long, or 8x as pic but thread is 11.5 long (Could be cut down if you have the means).
Shoulder screw - nope. haven't got any, but a trick is to use a normal screw & sleeve it with a piece of metric transmitter aerial tubing, or if you're carefull you can tap a suitable piece of brass/ally tubing/rod.
WD40 - it USED to contain silicone back in the day when there was a rocket on the side of the can & I haven't checked since... It wouldn't surprise me if it does go for some plastics, after all, they recommend using it to remove chewing gum, crayon & sticky stuff. Must be something volatile in it cos model engines will run (badly) on it & it's ideal fuel for potato cannons.
Love the general bull! Shame you don't live in Lynn or you could call it the Duke's Head

I wouldn't mind a couple of the 11.5mm threaded bits - ta :)

WD-40 formulation has definately changed over the years - it used to be once you'd lit a jet off, it would keep roaring away - ideal for disposing of wasps nests & so on - now you have to keep the jet directed over a lit lighter or it'll go out, and it doesn't burn half as well ... apparently it switched from LPG to CO2 as the propellant :(

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7553

Nice project JR. It seems hopeless, but with you behind the wheel of this build, it will be a show stopper before you know it.

P.S. I might have the body mounts for you. If you look at the picture below, I have all the red circled parts plus a few more. I'll check for you when I get back home from my business trip on Monday. And I'll post them to you if you need them.

Attachments:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7554

P.P.S. I also have 8x yellow shocks (slightly worn) and some of the ball cups.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7558

WD40 works on wasps in liquid form too - we have a hornet problem around here & I downed a 35mm long one (It had a mini-gun in place of it's stinger...) in the summer armed with nothin more than the trusty WD. Makes less mess than spray paint or chain grease too....
Just had a thought - what's the diameter of the heads on the shoulder screws? - might have some M6 fairing screws kicking about that I could easily modify. Failing that, I've just stumbled across some M4 stand-offs that could be trimmed to be the aforementioned threaded sleeves, if you can find suitable M4 screws to use them with (Or even use a washer to increase the effective screw head size).

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7559

Nice project JR. It seems hopeless, but with you behind the wheel of this build, it will be a show stopper before you know it.

P.S. I might have the body mounts for you. If you look at the picture below, I have all the red circled parts plus a few more. I'll check for you when I get back home from my business trip on Monday. And I'll post them to you if you need them.

P.P.S. I also have 8x yellow shocks (slightly worn) and some of the ball cups.

Outstanding! :D I could definitely use B4 & B6 ... I think the shocks are all serviceable though ... have sent you a PM :)

Attachments:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7560

WD40 works on wasps in liquid form too - we have a hornet problem around here & I downed a 35mm long one (It had a mini-gun in place of it's stinger...) in the summer armed with nothin more than the trusty WD. Makes less mess than spray paint or chain grease too....

Just had a thought - what's the diameter of the heads on the shoulder screws? - might have some M6 fairing screws kicking about that I could easily modify. Failing that, I've just stumbled across some M4 stand-offs that could be trimmed to be the aforementioned threaded sleeves, if you can find suitable M4 screws to use them with (Or even use a washer to increase the effective screw head size).

Head on the step screw is 9.20mm ... not sure about a fairing screw though - what's the material? I always used very light alloy for something like that, if you hit the screen on a bike you really want it to give way ...

The standoff idea sounds great - but turning out down to less than 0.6mm wall thickness sounds a bit optimistic to me? :blink:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.