Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7629

It may have something to do with the fact that the old line was discontinued recently... ...

... but re-released again - the Super ClodBuster is now back for pre-orders & the only difference is it has a TEU-103BK ESC rather than the old MSC ... oh and it costs more - now up to an average 295 GBP :blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7631

Okay, I didn't know it's the very same chasssis... sounds Tamya-like to me. :whistle:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7635

Okay, I didn't know it's the very same chasssis... sounds Tamya-like to me. :whistle:

Apparently I was wrong - the "Power"/"Economy" switch has gone too - very innovative :whistle:

UK release date is Fri 27th April 2012 :)

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7636

I thought they put it on a DT-02 with holes in the body... :lol:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7645

If they'll do, I'll get them & 2x ball joints off to you. ...

Arrived this morning - ta very much :) :y:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7658

Do the bits all fit ok? Make sure you point them out to visitors & say something like "Look, look, how posh are they?!"
Re: Clod re-re-re-release (Gently as a clod...) this is confusing - I'm sure I read a month ago about another clod re-release, then people are saying it's discontinued & prices on Ebay go mental to support that, & now we're back to "They're re-releasing it" again. Not complaining, I'm hoping it might mean I'll finally lay my hands on that illusive bodyshell & maybe You'll get some tyres for less than an SRB!
Hearing they've done away with the useful run-time extending switch, I wonder if they'll sort the steering this time?!

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7682

When I restored my Bullhead, I installed a Lipo safe ESC. But I still kept the Power/Economy switch in the circuit. I thought I couldn't remove it, because it was a unique feature of the Bullhead/Clod chassis.

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7688

Do the bits all fit ok? ...

Just tried a couple of the step screws on one of the hub/carrier assemblies & they look like sex on a stick :y:

The brass bit could perhaps do with being a fraction longer - some of the screws bind up the steering before they bottom out - that's probably due to wear on the chassis parts though ... biggest complaint though - shame you didn't make eight! :silly: ;)

...Re: Clod re-re-re-release (Gently as a clod...) this is confusing - I'm sure I read a month ago about another clod re-release, then people are saying it's discontinued & prices on Ebay go mental to support that, & now we're back to "They're re-releasing it" again. Not complaining, I'm hoping it might mean I'll finally lay my hands on that illusive bodyshell & maybe You'll get some tyres for less than an SRB! ...

I think that was a "metallic special" - i.e. they chrome the body & jack the price up :whistle: As for cheap parts, it would be nice, but with a 300 GBP price tag & not that many parts on a Clod, I can't really see that happening :(

I think people pay too much attention to the "discontinued" labels (which I've only seen on TamiyaUSA.com), kits seem to have that appended sometimes only weeks after it's been releases - but this doesn't mean you won't be able to buy new kits & parts for a long time after ...

... I wonder if they'll sort the steering this time?!

You mean the same way they sorted the assymetric steering angles & ludicrous bump steer on the Hotshot, Grasshopper, Hornet, Montero, etc, etc, etc ? :whistle:

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7689

When I restored my Bullhead, I installed a Lipo safe ESC. But I still kept the Power/Economy switch in the circuit. I thought I couldn't remove it, because it was a unique feature of the Bullhead/Clod chassis.

I took it off my SuperClod as there was plenty of room to ziptie another battery pack on top of the correct position, two 3700 mAH packs give a 25 minute+ runtime on two silvercans via an ESC ... I'll leave the switch on this time though, at least until I work out where to put a second pack :)

Re: "Rough as a Badgers" Bullhead 12 years 3 months ago #7690

Tackled the gravel rash on the front gearbox bumpers - started with 120 grit, then 240, 400, 800, finished with 2000 grit & then wax ...

Hub with eddrick's step screws:

:)
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.