Keyword

TOPIC:

Truck Project 6 months 2 weeks ago #76794

Suddenly, the tipper's functions were no longer working, but the crane's were still working.
After many hours of troubleshooting, pressure measurements, servo checks, etc., I concluded that the fault was mechanical.
I checked all the pipes and fittings, and finally dismantled the 2-way valve body for the tipper.  
(Reminder: The crane is controlled by a 5-way block and the tipper by a 2-way block.
As the two components were ordered separately, I received two separate blocks).
After disassembling and checking again, I noticed that the block was no longer working properly.
I had two solutions:
1) order a 2-way block to replace the faulty one
2) order a 7-way block and integrate all the controls into a single unit.

In the end I opted for a 7-way block...so once again I had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive.

Needless to say, I had to adapt all the pipes, fittings and block supports to the chassis.
Once all this was done, the installation took place.

The latest test is conclusive...all functions work perfectly, the pipes don't leak and the block has found its place.

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Truck Project 6 months 2 weeks ago #76795

With the block in place, it was clear that the toolbox provided before was no longer going to do the job!
As I like the look and the shape, and don't want anything else, I decided to make a longer one with two of them.
I received the second one and started dismantling the first one to begin making the new one.

After taking the measurements, I began to adapt and start making the new one.

I had to machine to the right length, drill the corresponding holes and adjust the hinges for the doors.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Truck Project 6 months 2 weeks ago #76796

And there it is, finished at last.

I still need to adjust the brackets and finalize the installation to hide the block.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, GToddC5

Truck Project 6 months 2 weeks ago #76803

That's a space truck Manu. And the radio set.....   🤯

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.