Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29563

There's more Renault 4 on the road than you realise, (A bit like sand at the beach), they never completely dissolved, unlike Fiat Pandas...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29570

:( My mother's panda dead last month.
The R4s revival by a french rallye in Africa to give school furnitures to african kids.
But now, the 4L are TOOOOOOOOOO Expensives. (Like the 2CV) More expensive than the origine :S

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29580

The last Renault 4 I saw in the flesh was in 1990 - I was at a scrapyard getting a light switch for a Renault 12, the 4 was a new arrival at the yard ... you've got to hope it got a new home & restoration rather than being "recycled", but I doubt it :(

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29581

The 4L is one of the best to become cocacola or budweiser cans :D

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29620

Trailer & bumper both needed a 2nd fill after a guide coat of primer...

VW Alpine White to match RV body, matt black load bed ...

Furniture is ready to go in:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, full throttle, Manotas, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29622

Loving the 70's fabrics and melamine!
Where did you get those fabrics? Dolls house material?

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29624

Loving the 70's fabrics and melamine!
Where did you get those fabrics? Dolls house material?

No, they're 1:1 fabrics and materials, just carefully chosen - 1:1 "basketweave" print becomes 70's large geometric print curtains at 1:10 scale, 1:1 "vintage" dress print with tiny flowers becomes large floral print cushions, 1:1 "Light oak" effect Fablon becomes 1:10 heavy grain faux walnut, 1:1 fine grained Birch becomes 1:10 whitewashed pine.

Of course, having to buy them in 1:1 sizes does mean I have enough material to do many, many RVs :whistle:

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29634

Finished paint, reassembly & wiring on the trailer; stripes may come later, depending on how bare the trailer looks compared to the RV (once it's done). Considering that 10 days ago I was looking at the back half of the body & not having a clue where to start, I think it's come out quite well ... even if the wiring is not very scale.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29636

Love it, it's fantastic!

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 10 months ago #29641

Cockpit all painted up, transfers for the servo hump done, steering column glued in ... recipe for paint on the dash & seats (which I've labelled "Nasty Naugahyde") was 10 parts XF-3 Flat Yellow, 1 part XF-9 Hull Red + 5 parts X-22 Clear, looking like the contents of a baby's nappy is _exactly_ the look I was going for. I'm still not sure about the yellow plaid, and the orange t-shirt was definitly going too far... :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.