Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73613

Man, I'm really really glad my ear collection didn't photobomb any of my RC hobby pics so far  - unless of course that's cool here?!? 

I see these RC models and the Lego kits I like as puzzles that require brains rather than mindless time swiping on phone games and the like. There's a physical reward to these as well as nostalgia of happy simple times before were required to "grow up". 
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73615

I got two receivers in the mail for my Tactic TTX300 transmitter.
Received them way earlier than I had thought. about half the time.
So now i can have 3 models with 3 channels each, handy for lights etc.

Since 1990 I've been into rc's.
In 05' my interest to build custom stuff awaiked when I lost my father in autumn 04, 11th September to be more precise.
At that time I joined both Tamiyaclub and Scale4x4rc forum to find like minded and share my builds and get ideas.
Btween 04 and 12' I've lost both parents and 3 more family related members + my cat.
Latter hit me hard as I've been single most of my adult life.

From 2010 it has been mostly to get my mind off my illness and have a good time. Create things and thinkering with rc is what I enjoying the most.
In the last 5 years my illness has got more invading by each year so there has not been not that many rc driving hours due my fatigue.
Before my illness I drove regularly, even on lon trail gatherings which I enjoyed very much.
The 08' season I drove nearly each weekend most of the year and finished projects like it was a Henry Ford assembly line.
Last long trail trip was back in 2018 and I was knackered 14 days afterwards.
I still enjoying driving my vehicles, but wish I could do it more.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73616

Seems we all have a cross to bear - I'm glad we have RC and other people that understand to relate with. Thank you to those that shared.

My pain stems from the loss of my beloved girlfriend of 23 years, on 12/01/2019.
She passed peacefully in her sleep.
My heart also stopped that night.

Thankfully I am a cat dad of 5, so I find a greater purpose still, in caring for our rescues.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73617

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Not wishing to get too heavy, but I feared I would lose my wife last year due to a brain tumour.
So I just want to say I respect everyone’s personal take on life, our hobby and everything in between.
A few years back my father in law was dying of cancer. Most days I took my wife to see him in hospital. I used to go home and build my Sand Scorcher and Ford Ranger, I personally found it a kind of coping mechanism, therapy.
Sorry for making this a bit heavy, but just trying to support anyone.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73618

Very proud to be part of this family of RC nuts!! Great bunch of friends.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73625

Four more Mini 4WDs were waiting for me when I got home last night, so now that makes No.1 through No.15 of the Wild Minis. Still waiting for some exceptionally slow ebayers to ship another two of the buggies, and still on the hunt for a select few. Not sure what I'm doing with them, because after the thrill of the hunt and the fight to get here,  I'm not sure if I should open the ones that are still wrapped and also not sure if I should build the ones with the MRC label even if they are open. Ugh, this relaxing hobby has it's share of stress, lol. I'm also not sure where they should all be displayed, but this is the spot for now.

And I decided to share my small motor collection in the making. I was waiting for just ONE more . . .then bought another three yesterday from the guy that sold me the Dynatechs that just arrived, and I can't wait another couple weeks to share  :

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73630

Wow Todd!
Your collection is looking amazing already!

May I suggest making a shelf rack similar to mine in styrene or balsa?
When you make scale garage in the future you can move it to the garage.

Most of my mini models came pre built or pre owned so in my case they were ready to display.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73633

Wow Todd!
Your collection is looking amazing already!

May I suggest making a shelf rack similar to mine in styrene or balsa?
When you make scale garage in the future you can move it to the garage.

Most of my mini models came pre built or pre owned so in my case they were ready to display.

You mean like what you did for the 1/100 scale, but larger for all these 1/32 scale? That would be a big scale garage!
If you look close in the left of the first pic, you can see a little clear display cabinet I'm using right now for the 1/100 scale.
I don't have them all built yet.
IG_tamiyaddiction

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73636

Ment the 1:100 yes.

The 1:32 is just that, 3 times smaller than 1:10. Not 3 times bigger than 1:10.
1:32 is 32 times smaller than real life.
So it would actually be 3 times smaller to build a garage for those vs 1:10, unless the garage is in 1:10 scale and those 1:32 would be 1:3 scale or 1:3.2 scale to be exact if you were living as a 1:10 person in that garage.
If you build a 1:32 scale garage there is several model kits in that scale. In the 80s I built some Matchbox's in that scale.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73689

Mailman brought black wheels and slicks for my Lunch Box:

Comparison to stock:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.666 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.