Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73824

And here's the Super Hornet that just arrived. The wheels are wrong, the decals are wrong (but I love the Hornet livery!) but it's nothing I can't work with. It has zero signs of use, and a great little motor installed. What's funny is that I didn't plan to represent motors or older kits (to include re-res) past the First 100 timeframe, but plans be damned I picked up that 1993 TRF Tuned recently and then this #58124 released in 1993 begged me to give it a new home:

Looks good - must say I do like the wheels/tyres and the decals .  Sweet pick -up.

The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73825

And here's the Super Hornet that just arrived. The wheels are wrong, the decals are wrong (but I love the Hornet livery!) but it's nothing I can't work with. It has zero signs of use, and a great little motor installed. What's funny is that I didn't plan to represent motors or older kits (to include re-res) past the First 100 timeframe, but plans be damned I picked up that 1993 TRF Tuned recently and then this #58124 released in 1993 begged me to give it a new home:

Looks good - must say I do like the wheels/tyres and the decals .  Sweet pick -up.

Thanks, I sent you a link. From what I'm reading, these front tires are kinda hard to find so I'm glad they are perfection. The orange wheels are very hard to find a complete set, so I may need to get them out of my head . . .

Good luck with that, lol.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73832

Thanks, I sent you a link. From what I'm reading, these front tires are kinda hard to find so I'm glad they are perfection. The orange wheels are very hard to find a complete set, so I may need to get them out of my head . . .

Those front looks like You-G or TrOLL tyres .. ??  I've got some in yellow and red .  The black are not easy to get now. 

Last edit: by mirrorman.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73888

From what I'm reading, these front tires are kinda hard to find so I'm glad they are perfection. The orange wheels are very hard to find a complete set, so I may need to get them out of my head . . .

The orange wheels are just about impossible to find (have seen some for $200 on ebay).  The rears are especially, as they were prone to breaking around the hub (i went thru like 3 sets of them), so any used wheels are usually broken or about to break.
I have actually found some wheels that are same style/size, but in white.  From memory they are from the Wild One (not the blockhead version).  Just need to get some matching fluro orange paint.

Front tyres were only used on the SH, so yeh basically none available.  Traxxis make a similar tyre.
Rear tyres were used on a few models, so easier to come by.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73889

Finishing current builds is boring....  It's much more funner to open fresh boxes and the smell of un-opened bags.  And then only build them to 80% complete 
Cracked open one of my 1/32 kits, an Avante Jr.  Interestingly I ended up with 2x of these, the joys of hitting [Checkout] whilst distracted by children.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, mirrorman, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73890

www.jcracingpro...k/wild-one

From what I'm reading, these front tires are kinda hard to find so I'm glad they are perfection. The orange wheels are very hard to find a complete set, so I may need to get them out of my head . . .

The orange wheels are just about impossible to find (have seen some for $200 on ebay).  The rears are especially, as they were prone to breaking around the hub (i went thru like 3 sets of them), so any used wheels are usually broken or about to break.
I have actually found some wheels that are same style/size, but in white.  From memory they are from the Wild One (not the blockhead version).  Just need to get some matching fluro orange paint.

Front tyres were only used on the SH, so yeh basically none available.  Traxxis make a similar tyre.
Rear tyres were used on a few models, so easier to come by.

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73891

JC Racing making repro wheels but in 2.2" size. Including orange and chrome..
Makes Astute, Egress and Wild One style.

Wild one www.jcracingpro...a/wild-one
Astute www.jcracingpro...iya/astute
Egress www.jcracingpro...iya/egress
Hot Shot www.jcracingpro...wild-one-1
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by caprinut.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73898

JC Racing making repro wheels but in 2.2" size. Including orange and chrome..
Makes Astute, Egress and Wild One style.

Wild one www.jcracingpro...a/wild-one
Astute www.jcracingpro...iya/astute
Egress www.jcracingpro...iya/egress
Hot Shot www.jcracingpro...wild-one-1

That's annoying, why can't they do the rears as 2.0"....  Still, would look better than my busted rims!

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73903

i bought a lot of 5 motors including this dynatech.
the brushes need to be replaced and 1 spring is missing.
little rust formation.
the commutator doesn't look verry good
the screw holes are all ok.
I don't have parts to rebuild it so if I can make someone happy with it you can take it over for a nice price.
for parts or restoration.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, mirrorman, GToddC5

Last edit: by poebe.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 2 months ago #73904

Wahoo. I love it.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.