Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73702

Not too much has come in the past month.  Some different sized hub extensions for the Drift Pig, and a few spare washers an stuff.

But, did get myself a birthday pressie, an Axial SCX24 Chevy C10, which my daughter promptly tried to claim as hers.  It'll be an indoor runner, and have dragged out the kids old Duplo sets to build some obstacle courses.  I just need to try and avoid buying all of the many many sooo many aftermarket parts that are available   

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73706

Received this TGX 1/8 nitro with 2 speed tranny. Came with extra brand new set of tires and Futaba radio. Its in really nice shape for a runner which is what I will be using it for. Did a complete tune up including new bearings, the outer wheel bearings were trash. Still I would rather replace bearings than the wheel axles which were in perfect shape. The Benz body is very nice for a runner but must have been an aftermarket kit as Tamiya never had this in a nitro kit. I have a magazine ad with this body so I know it is a Tamiya. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73708

Really nice Jim. That give me the want to re run mine. The Cklass dtm is one of the first bodies. But was originaly green if my mind is good.

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73709

Thanks Flo, really wanted a runner for a while now. Here is the 1/8 scale in a magazine ad I have and the green one I think you are talking about. Green one was rereleased on a TT chassis I believe...  Really makes me want Spring even more!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Last edit: by 1972 LeMansGT Jim.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73710

And who thought that hood emblem was a good idea?! LOL

Mine is gone.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73711

Chassis info here: tamiyabase.com/...dels/44010

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73712

Thanks Richard, that was the first place I went. 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73715

Jim. The tt01 rere is a 190 evo. Not the C klass. My first tgx is hopuped. Anti roll bars, full exaust pipe, and the aloy air filter pipe. And for the body it has the 911 gt1.  My second one is out of box but it's the double deck one.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73716

Ok, I see.

NICE! Love to see a few pics if you ever get it out. I saw a set of anti roll bars for about $50 USD, kind of steep. 

The 911 GT1 is the best body ever for that chassis! Good job hanging onto it for this long....

I have the aftermarket cooling head on the way I found in Japan.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73718

Yes the gt1 is the most efficient. I have the kure nismo body to and it is awesome. On the double deck one I have the castrol supra.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.