Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67875

jord001 Awesome, thank you.
I have a friend that can print stuff for me.
Looks just what I might need.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67890

This is the result of a good hour of sorting all the bags, and all the screws, nuts, washers and other random fixings from the tub.

I could have done with trays with 5 compartments and maybe making the whole thing even wider, I have the space in the big box to go to about 170mm. Maybe the next one :) 

All nice and organized ((for the moment)

The Drawers all close without too much trouble

Lee

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, Clive533

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67895

Replaced a 2.6mm tapping screw by a m3 screw in the servo plastic head. That should make it (to be honest, I mounted this 6€ servo thinking it would not last much, and its life is already beyond my expectations, specifically considering what my kids made to this Lunchbox while they did not have theirs). There is sand everywhere, but that will be cleaned up once home, with compressor and air. In the meantime the Lunchbox is ready for another run on the beach (and maybe last one for a couple of years)...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67911

I did a mix between my m05 and my mf01x. I wanted to put a fake motor on my beetle body. But the mf01x can't have a fake motor due to the motor place. So, after a try with the combi of my friend, I took my decision. The swift will be a beetle. And the fake flat 4 is now puted.
next time, strip off all the body, repaint it in a nice metalic candy red and cut the hood. 
I have nicer wheeles somewhere in my stock. But for the moment it's nice. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67912

Nice one Flo
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67917

Thanks  Lee. I think that it has been designed for the m04.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67926

Back from vacations... morning activity was to clean up the mess after our runs in the sand...

Quick wrap up:
  1. Lunchbox - Mistery Machine : probably the one which ride the most. One broken spring (the small one at the front of the rigid axle). The sand also locked one of the rear pogo stick. Conclusion : Dampers mandatory for rear train on Lunchbox when running in the sand, preferably with a third one to manage the rigid axle mobile attachement
  2. Lunchbox - A-Team : nothing to declare, except the servo plastic head, but it has been fixed with a bigger M3 screw. I'll probably replace this one at some point.
  3. Lunchbox - Barbapapa's : nothing to declare, except that my daughter messed up the trims :-)
  4. Super Storm Dragon (my son's one again): front wheels ball bearing are almost dead. My son did not clean his car after the runs, while I did clean mine. That's the difference. Small price to pay for a lesson learned is 2 pair of ball bearings. A bit a of sand in the pogo stick, but with a bit of air pressure, it's gone.
  5. Hornet : Nothing to declare. I unmounted front wheels after each run to clean and spray WD40 on the front axles and ball bearings. Process is validated.
To be honest, this is much better than what I was thinking about...
Last comment : My Lunchbox is running with Dampers, this is the least fun one, as it doesn't wheel much since I put the dampers. I really need to put a more powerful motor in it. Ultimately, based on the beach experience, rear dampers are a must for beach run, so that means better motor is also required. and third damper as well, as the front springs used in the rigid axle attachement are prone to break when you put too much wheelie with it...

Rest of the day: will finish my leds attachement on Super Hotshot and Javelin, and perhaps another run today, on the home track (with a total new layout :-D)

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67927

... the front springs used in the rigid axle attachement are prone to break when you put too much wheelie with it...

You took the took the temporary retainer screws out? That step in the manual gets missed a lot ... TBH I can't say the handling gets any worse with no springs ;)

I've found you can do some things to "improve" a Lunchkin/big wheeler (replace the left rear wheel locknut after a few removals, bearings, different paintjobs, rubber tube spacers on the front suspension rod tops to correct the positive camber, 5th shock mod of some description, Sport Tuned motor), but too much (proper dampers, central steering servo, dampers, and especially the FX10 front arms) suck the fun right out of it. 

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67928

Yes the temporary retainer screws were removed :-) (5 rigid axles mounted here, we din't get it wrong even for the first one :-D).  In terms of mods, mine is full dampers (I probably need to find stronger springs) + chassis reinforcement on the front. I intended to do 5th shock mod, and a bigger motor Brushless 13.5T+ (and that's it). Oh, and I completely forgot: need to glue the tires on the rims at least on the rear side (otherwise, they act like slipper clutch :-D).  Removing front camber or adding a double wishbone on front don't make much sense in my opinion, as it removes some of the Lunchbox genes... And anyway, with the big tires it won't be precise in anyway, so...

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67931

I abused lot of lunchkins. I should had 6or 7. Some hopuped some full stock. My best prep is on my last cw01. Bearings and cva (vintage yellow ones in my case). And a bigger motor but nothing excessive. Like a old m&y or magnum motor. But it accepts 17x2  cheap motor in this case, it will need a bigger wheely bar. On all my cw01, the ridiculous springs for the rigid axle are brocken and really no need of them. You can put rubber in the holes to limit the movement or put 2 tiny screws to lock the axle and no need of the 5th shock. 
the CLACK is in the lunchkins genes to. ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.