Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27614

Last few bits of straightening/dismantling/cleaning/polishing done, including repairing the "ears" on the SWB mechanism box lid ... I'm really not sure what the muck on the axle plug was, it looked like oil but was hard like varnish & needed Isopropanol to shift it...

I just have to rewire the MSCs & motors & then I think I'll be ready to start putting the chassis back together again :)

I'm still missing the M11 "Rubber Cap" where the resistor wiring comes out of the SWB mechanism box lid - does anyone have one they could take a decent photo of and/or dimensions to help me make my mind up whether I can make it, fake it, do without or just use a grommet?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27615

Well as there are oil based paint and varnish you might not be far of with your guess, the m11 is the bruiser gearbox plug right? might have the original or a rere lying around.

Nice side by side resto.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27617

... the m11 is the bruiser gearbox plug right?...

If that can be confirmed, that would make things a whole lot easier - I have a spare & it fits very nicely :)

I was in doubt because it's not very clear in either of the sources I looked at - the chassis shot in the Tamiya RC guide book shows a plug that looks quite pointy & seems to have the right sort of steps of the visible side; but both the SWB manuals I've downloaded are poor quality & the plug could equally have a screw thread on the sides + a domed top :S

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27618

Btw the bulkheads are different but its hardly noticeable, its hidden in the bumper spring pipes, lwb the hole is deeper seen from the front.
Can make a pic after ladies 1500mtr speed skating has finished. :-)

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27619

Btw the bulkheads are different but its hardly noticeable, its hidden in the bumper spring pipes, lwb the hole is deeper seen from the front....

That would explain it, one side of my SWB bulkhead is missing, the other has a spring irrecoverably jammed on so comparison is difficult...

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27620

& found another one.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27621

... the m11 is the bruiser gearbox plug right?...

If that can be confirmed, that would make things a whole lot easier - I have a spare & it fits very nicely :)

confirmed.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27625

Nice work :y: I'm planning to write up the SWB/LWB differences at some point, mind if I use your photo of the bulkheads? (#2224)

Further to that, have you got any MSCs that can be positively associated with either chassis type? Reason for asking is that I believe the resistor wires on the LWB MSC are on the close order of 30mm shorter, as they have a shorter route & don't need any slack as they're permanently routed & don't need to move with the mechanism box lid - e.g blue wire c. 192.5mm from top of board to bottom edge of first connector on the SWB, c. 163.5mm same measurement on LWB.

Re the steering arm differences, do we know why the LWB gained the extra nubbin? Something to do with contact on the inside of the mechanism box?

:)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27626

Nice work :y: I'm planning to write up the SWB/LWB differences at some point, mind if I use your photo of the bulkheads? (#2224)

Further to that, have you got any MSCs that can be positively associated with either chassis type? Reason for asking is that I believe the resistor wires on the LWB MSC are on the close order of 30mm shorter, as they have a shorter route & don't need any slack as they're permanently routed & don't need to move with the mechanism box lid - e.g blue wire c. 192.5mm from top of board to bottom edge of first connector on the SWB, c. 163.5mm same measurement on LWB.

Re the steering arm differences, do we know why the LWB gained the extra nubbin? Something to do with contact on the inside of the mechanism box?

Jonny,

If you need any pictures for a comparison between SWB and LWB, i have actually each of one on my work bench..partially dissasembled.
Just hit me up if you need something. :y:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27629

If you need any pictures for a comparison between SWB and LWB, i have actually each of one on my work bench..partially dissasembled.
Just hit me up if you need something. :y:

I think the only thing I'm short of is an SWB "switch stay", so a couple of good comparison shots of the two types would be very useful.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.