Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27630

Checked the wiring, 3x swb approx 15.5-16cm, 4x lwb approx 15.5-16cm. (all black res.plate)
One spare MSC for M38? approx 19cm (white res. plate)

MSCs

SWB

LWB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27631

Checked the wiring, 3x swb approx 15.5-16cm, 4x lwb approx 15.5-16cm. (all black res.plate)

That sounds intresting....black plate for SWB and white for LWB :y:
That's exactly what i have on my WW. (see my SWB resto thread)
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27632

That sounds intresting....black plate for SWB and white for LWB :y:
That's exactly what i have on my WW. (see my SWB resto thread)

Really? You got black plate = SWB, white = LWB from WB's post? :huh:
Actually, I don't suppose it's any worse than my assumption that black plate = LWB/Wheeler & white = SWB as that's the way round mine have been :whistle: ... or the similar assumption on wire length ;)

I think we've already concluded that both all M38s & wheeler have black resistor plates, I don't think wheelbase defines the colour... IMO any with a white plate but the "short" wires means Tamiya had probably run out on a given day & put a white plate in, any with a white plate & longer wires is probably either a non-car specific Tamiya spare, or originally intended for The Frog.

:)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27639

Hi Jonny,

As promised the switch stay pictures for comparison. Note that the one with the switch is the LWB ( i know you know that! :whistle: :whistle: )
I had to compress them in order to put them on here, so just let me know wich one you want, and i'll be happy to send it to you in a full format. If you you need pictures from another perspective, dôn't hesitate to let me know.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27640

That's it for now....
Just let me know Jonny
Manotas
Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27642

As promised the switch stay pictures for comparison...

Thanks :y: ... but those aren't "Switch Stay"s, those are "Mechanism Box Lid"s :blush:

These are Switch Stays :blush:

SWB

LWB

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27645

As promised the switch stay pictures for comparison...

Thanks :y: ... but those aren't "Switch Stay"s, those are "Mechanism Box Lid"s :blush:

These are Switch Stays :blush:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Ewwwwww sorry for that !I feel so dumb ha ha ha ha

I'll take the right pictures later on...

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27684

Rewiring done, I can finally get on with rebuilding these :)

The covers of the manuals for the two versions are identical, but the insides are quite different in places on closer inspection.

Page two has some differences, the main one being that the SWB manual has a description of the 1:1 Jeep.

Page 3 (which mostly covers building the servo saver) is subtly different, including revisions to the drawings to accommodate the part changes...

(SWB is on the left, LWB on the right in all these pics BTW)

Here's is where it starts getting a bit different - Page 4 is pretty much completely redrawn, the parts are put together in a different order (the front end juggling - trying to align 3 tubes, two suspension arms, the servo saver shaft, the bulkhead & chassis - seemed slightly easier on the LWB, or maybe it was just practice ;) ), but less gets done on the page:

page 5 & the LWB hasn't quite caught up - it should have the MSC & servo attached to the switch stay, but I only had one :whistle: SWB

Page 6: SWB way ahead with the Motor Base built up & diff. started; LWB you'll have to imagine the MSC & servos installed properly :whistle:

Page 7: SWB diff case finished with rear arms & radius arms fitted; LWB goes off at a complete tangent ...

Page 8: SWB - gearbox built & attached, along with rear axle; LWB getting back on track, but still behind...

Page 9: SWB gets bits done that LWB did earlier; LWB vice versa...

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27685

Page 10 & SWB chassis is done, LWB doesn't get its wheels until page 11...

... After that, the manuals pretty much match up again (though one page out) ... bodies I've already finished ...

Note difference in wheelbase between "shirt" and "long" :blink:

Not quite a year to get these finished :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Dam

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 10 years 2 months ago #27686

Really great work JR they both look awesome, you know when I hear long & short wheel bases I expect it to be more dramatic :blink: :laugh: Top stuff mate :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.