Keyword

TOPIC:

Re:TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48372

The silvercan is enough for soft runs. It is not a dragster. I had a 12x2 motor on my ta02 racing special (the biggest available at this time). I came back to a softer motor. Now it has a ST. With the 21th
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48377

A alloy motor mount also will work wonders, and if you plan to drive it frequently a steel motor pinion
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48379

A alloy motor mount also will work wonders, and if you plan to drive it frequently a steel motor pinion

The wheels on it are in such good condition I would hate to ruin them so I think she will be a soft run shelf queen I’m afraid WP, thank you for your input, hopefully I will remember all of it :)

And thank you to all who have commented so far, I have learned a little more and shall put it to good use in the future I hope :y:

Re:TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48380

You are right with wheeles. They are beautifull and a little expensive. Large rear and standard front . You can buy very low cost wheeles and keep them for the shelf.

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51808

Finally after over six months of waiting, i have reason to revive this thread :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
As you will know i wanted this to be a totaly authentic original car, well I finally found an original Taisan Porsch bodybox with contents, not BNIP but........ the PO had already cut out and painted the shell and tinted the windows(too a very good standard) and had applied 3 decals(almost to a good standard), it came with the spoiler still on sprue and the rest of the decal sheet and body insturctions as well, so basically all my prayers answered in one go :y: :y: :y:
And in case your wondering what became of the body that came with the taisan originally(damaged and poor repro decals), i managed to swap it for an original Taisan manual, which means ive achieved the collectors dream of Original box, manual, car, and a body set box as a bonus :) :) :)
And as an added joy the bodyset only cost me the same as the new tamiya gt2 bodyshell and MCI decals i had already purchased, win, win, i now can have a runner body and a shelf body so it will be getting more than a standard 540 put in it now :) :) :)
Any ways enough of my joyful rambling's here's a few pics of the body set as i got it below
Attachments:

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51810

Wooooooohhhhhaaaaaa! Lovely 993 taisan.

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51838

So spent the weekend doing the Taisan decals and stuff, turned out rather well :) :) :)

Attachments:

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51839

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, Martco78

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51840

A beauty

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51841

Well done Alan, it looks awesome.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.