Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 4 months ago #5040

Stripped the failed paintjob of the mk.1 shell ...

... it's deja vu all over again :whistle:

On the plus side, my RCChannel boxart style front bumper has arrived from Taiwan:

... it's a tight fit on the "spare" shell with the Blitzer nose though:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 4 months ago #5056

you should try a paintjob from the gta san andreas beach buggies

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 3 months ago #5246

You are an artist man!! how you fabricate parts yourself! beautiful.

I just rebuild my Sand Scorcher Mk.2, mechanically, now the body is on the list, I also have only one side-mirror and no exhaust :P

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 3 months ago #5259

Genuine Scorcher mirrors are a real problem ... I've seen people cut down re-re mirrors, do without, or I did see some cast metal ones recently on eBay (seller = lightningrapid, I think) ... the only mirrors around ATM are these:

Exhasuts are a lot easier - AFAIK to re-re parts are identical to the original :)

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 2 months ago #7267

Grey primer, more filler, more sanding ... & I'm back to where I was at the end of November :blink:

Attachments:

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 2 months ago #7434

Another day of relatively good spraying weather, so over the top of the white primer I put on a couple of days ago ...

... the first coat of colour: modded re-re shell got Humbrol #18 "Gloss Orange", the original got a puff of VW "Alpine White":

... hoping to invert them & finish them off a bit later :)
Attachments:

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 2 months ago #7575

Did a bit more work on the "spare" shell - masked & sprayed the 2nd colour:

Attachments:

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 2 months ago #7580

That looks awesome JR. Those two colors complement each other very well. Are you using spray cans, or an airbrush? If so what airbrush are you using?

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 2 months ago #7585

That looks awesome JR. Those two colors complement each other very well. Are you using spray cans, or an airbrush? If so what airbrush are you using?

Just rattle cans ... I'm put off airbrushes by the expense, learning curve & cleanup.

Re: (Mostly) Mk.1 Sand Scorcher 12 years 1 month ago #7654

Low(ish) temperatures & high(ish) humidity means there's very little chance of spraying the original shell until Sunday at the earliest, so I had a go at doing some lines on the "spare", firstly as my masked/sprayed lines are never that good, and second to make the divide between the colours "pop" a bit more ... lining was with self adhesive white vinyl sheet trimmed to about 1.75mm - although I did have to go a bit finer to manage the curves on the bonnet & engine cover:

I did think while I was doing it that I had inadvertently recreated someones flag, but couldn't think which one, so, is it:

Ireland

India

or Ivory Coast?

oops! :blink:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.