Keyword

TOPIC:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9414

Seidel has the rover driver (2 in stock apparently) 10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9415

What would be cool is if someone came up with a scale poseable driver. Again, I haven't yet seen any action figures etc that would be a suitable starting point for that kind of project

I did think of casting a regular driver in something flexible, fix his hands to the steering wheel, fix a servo to that y-leaded to the steering servo & bingo, bango, bongo - realistic driver steering. Of course, you might have to put some sort of jointed armature in there to stop him looking like Stretch Armstrong :whistle:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9416

Seidel has the rover driver (2 in stock apparently) 10

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9419

The Sand Rover driver actually arrived this morning - somewhat inexplicably, the seller had removed the other bits & was listing them seperately, but at least I didn't have to pay for bits I didn't need ...

Sorry for the crap backdrops in the pictures btw, but we have a plumber in the house this week & space is at a premium...

I seem to remember comparing the flash on the drivers hands on the re-hash Sand Rover I built around Christmas to the knuckles on an Alien facehugger, so no need to do it again :whistle:

After tickling with 240 grit (then 800 grit) paper:

Significant gaps to fill between driver & seat ...

Another apology for the photo quality - I only took one pic of the styrene inserts I made to start filling the gaps & my camera badly let me down in the focus department :pinch:

Lots of Milliput, both on the inside & outside of the styrene formers, so I can round them off so he doesn't look like a beached jellyfish ... I also put a load in below the knees so he looks a bit less like an IED casualty :blink:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9431

More work on the driver ...

Usual poor "seam" matching ...

... and horrendous gaps around cuffs ...

... hidden with filler ...

... & sanded off ...

I attacked the body with a coarse sanding drum in a Dremel ...

Rear view showing the 3D nature of the sculpting:

... and all the bits blu-tac'd/balanced on - I'll have to work on the angle of the steering wheel a little ...

The Truck body is also coming along, front bumper, side rails & front panel are all sprayed up, & I think I may have finally got there with filling the extra sill holes :)

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9432

The big question - after all this work, will you run it?

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9448

The big question - after all this work, will you run it?

I certainly plan to ... although I have said that before :whistle:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9461

I've sprayed a few things ... though it might not be immediately obvious in the pics as I've generally painted them the same colour they were to start with :whistle: IMO bits always looked painted than in bare plastic ...

Driver body got white plastic primer ... I wasn't overly happy with the gaps on the arms, so you can guess what they got treated to ...

Moving on, hat, head & steering wheel (all white to start with) all got white primer;
Front bumper & panel (moulded in black) + sleeper cab louvre & number plates (white to start with) all got grey primer & satin black;
body side guards (originally white) got white primer & VW Alpine white.

The body halves are all primed & rubbed down, weather permitting I should be getting the undercoat colour on RSN :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9499

Finally, after getting the sill filling right (4 attempts :whistle: ) ...

I get to do some painting - first 2 heavy coats of Ford "Machine Silver" as undercoat ... I had planned to put it on as 4 light coats, but the paint had other ideas :blink: ...

... and the first coat of colour - Renault "Monaco Blue Metallic":

Attachments:

2012 re-re Bruiser & HG P407 clone builds 11 years 11 months ago #9500

Finally, after getting the sill filling right (4 attempts :whistle: ) ...

you forgot the other three holes :P

or is that the original bruiser cab you are showing?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.